Chapter Eleven-Part 12

Stevie was late to work, which never happened. She blamed it solely on the boss himself. She hadn't been able to sleep a wink. She tossed and turned all night, letting her mind wonder to the next time, when he would finish the job. She was past trying to avoid a relationship with him. It was destined to happen and she could accept that now.

They were adults and there was no reason they couldn't keep the two relationships separate. Now for the hard part. Getting him to see that it was the right time, as he put it. And getting him to make the move, without it seeming like she crumbled all because of a very hot goodnight kiss.

She sighed as she walked into the hotel they were creating together. She came up short, seeing him. He wasn't in his normal suit and tie. Instead, he stood there in a short sleeved, green t-shirt that brought out the intensity in his eyes. The Levi's he wore were snug and faded. He had on a pair of well-worn Nike's. She took in a deep breath and lost it again when he looked up and locked eyes with her.

Stevie couldn't help but think he looked more like the guy that picked her up on the side of the road than the man who managed MB Enterprises. He even had the former stubble, she hadn't seen since the motel.

She wanted things to be light and easy between them. Didn't want yesterday's dinner conversation to change how he looked at her, she wasn't that girl anymore. And if she was being honest, Stevie needed them things to be light and easy, in order to get him back in bed.

Crossing to him a smile spread on her face, as he watched her, all of her, walk to him. His expression didn't change and she tried to set the irritation of that aside.

"You're looking awful comfy today," Stevie said, raising her eyebrows at him.

"Field day," he said, eyes glued to hers.

"Ah, I see." She had heard he would work hand and hand with any one of the crew but hadn't seen him do so since she had taken over as main on the project. "Is this because of what happened to McPherson?" She asked, knowing full well it was.

"In part. But I am also long overdue for a field day." He watched for her reaction. Knew she wouldn't like him there, in her space, getting in the way as she would say of her doing her job. But instead, she surprised him by saying, "Well, I'm glad you're here. I'm sure we can use your help." He about choked.

Mick gave her a once over and grinned. "Glad huh?"

"Of course Mr. Brown," she said, flashing him what he thought of as a lethal grin. She turned on her heel and gave him the follow me sign as she walked off down the hall.

And she's back, was his first thought as he followed her down the hallway. He realized he missed the playfulness. It had been far too many weeks since they had been flirty. He watched the way her ass swayed in her jeans and had to pull his eyes away as to not embarrass himself by drooling.

He realized she was wearing black three inch heeled boots and scowled. They weren't very practical for a day of hard work. Then he remembered that she often was the one calling the shots not getting her hands dirty. Then he laughed remembering that wasn't quite true either. She did a little of everything, it seemed.

She stopped to peel off her winter coat and he stepped up behind her to assist. Sliding it down her arms gave him the chance to run his fingers slowly down her arms. A side effect was that her smell wrapped itself inside of him. He took a step back breathing in deep.

Stevie turned toward him, lower lip caught between her teeth. "Thanks."

She took her jacket from him and tossed it along with her bag on a desk that had been set up in the middle of all the chaos. She was wearing a white turtle neck with one of those huge belt things that really had nothing to do with holding up ones pants and everything to do with making men drool.