Chapter Fourteen-Part 15

Stevie woke to the sun streaming in the windows and stretched like a cat, she felt great. More limber than she had in months. She glanced at the clock and it told her it was just after six. She could hear the shower running and thought about Mick, thought about another morning that she had woken up to him in her hotel room. Well motel, she thought on a giggle.

Oh how different those two rooms where, but them as people where the same. He still had this gentleness about him. He would frown at the term she knew, but he was gentle with her. Maybe not in the way one would think, but to her. He cuddled with her and that alone was a gentleness she had never experienced.

She listened to the water turn off and rolled toward the door and watched him walk out with a towel around his waist and water droplets across his chest.

"Did I wake you?" Mick asked, frowning.

"No." Her face was split into a grin she couldn't control.

"I'm running late."

"Me too."

He was moving toward the bed even as he knew he should be getting dressed.

"I've got to go by home, get a change of clothes."

"Yeah," she said, pulling his towel off as he stepped next to the bed.

"I don't have time for this." Even as he said it he was leaning down and capturing her mouth.

"Then we better make it quick," she responded, tugging him into the bed with her.

It was a busy week, one that called for long hours and plenty of headaches. Mick rubbed at his forehead where the headache was pounding as his thoughts turned from work to Stevie. He was starting to think he would never get her alone again. He hadn't wanted to go to her in the night, didn't want her feeling as if that's all he wanted. In truth he just wanted to be with her. He wanted to come home to find her there waiting. He laughed at the thought knowing full well that she would most likely be coming home with him. The damn women worked harder than him at times.

He wanted to share a meal, discuss the day's work, and then of course, indulge in her. He wanted her in his bed. It was an overwhelming need, one that grew as the hours passed. Not just to have her, it was more than that.

They had a date for Saturday at seven, it was Friday and the twenty-four hours left would drive him mad. His mind had checked out, he knew he wouldn't get any more work done today, but going home would only make him restless and the thoughts of her would increase. He thought about seeing if Stevie was in her office, even as he knew she had worked on site today. And damn it, he was a grown man acting like they were in high school, they had a date tomorrow, no need to think about her every waking moment. Mick sighed as her face flashed through his mind, the simple smile she would give him from across the room. The sigh she would make when he would kiss her, the press of her body against his. The way his hand curved down her body.

Mick stood up furious with himself, sending his chair flying behind him. He cursed himself for being weak minded. He needed a distraction, he pulled out his cell and hit Drew's number.

"Hey, what's up?" Drew's voice flowed over the line, filled with noise in the background.

"I need to get out."

Drew sat up straighter hearing the tension in his brother's voice. "Want me to pick you up?"

"No, let's get a limo, I want to get smashed."