Chapter Twenty-Two-Part 23

Mick had needed the day to get the ring and to get his thoughts in order. He was ready, he was going to ask Stevie to marry him, and he wasn't taking no for an answer. He was cooking his spaghetti and his mother's famous garlic bread sticks.

When he opened his front door to her, his heart leaped into his throat. "You are so beautiful."

"Would you stop? You always make me feel foolish when you say that."

"Get used to it. You are going to hear it a lot, because you are beautiful."

Mick took her hand and led her toward the kitchen. She dropped her bag by the stairs. "It smells amazing what are we having?"

"My pasta."

"Oh, the famous pasta."

"And my mother's famous bread sticks."

"Yum." Stevie went over to the stove and lifted the lid to sniff at the sauce.

"It's about done."

They ate dinner on his patio, to the sun setting and the radio playing oldies.

"You really are a fantastic cook."

"I told you."

"What?"

"That you would never say pasta in a negative way again."

"Well, not about yours, no. Now if you want me to cook, you will for sure say it that way." He laughed with her. "Remind me to never let you cook."

"Hey. I can cook some things."

"Oh yeah? Than you can cook tomorrow."

"Okay deal." She grinned at him as he pulled her in for a kiss.

"I've got something for you." He whispered as their lips parted.

"Oh yeah, like a gift?"

"Yes very much like a gift."

"Let's clean up dinner first." She was torn between cleaning up and seeing what he had gotten her.

"It will hold, come on." She let him lead her to the basement.

"It really is a man cave," she said, looking around at the sports memorabilia, the bar, the pool table, the darts, the big screen TV, and much more. "What did you get me that would be in a man cave?" She asked looking back up at him.

"It's behind those doors," Mick said, gesturing across the room.

She crossed the room grinning at him, when she opened the doors she just stared, then turned to him very slowly. "That's a jukebox."

"I know."

"But why?"

"Because you love them, and I wanted you to have it."

"But Mick...you can't...you just can't give me a jukebox."

"Yes I can. I just did. I wanted you to have it down here in the man cave. I want you to spend time down here with me."

"I don't know what to say Mick, it's awesome. It's better than awesome." She turned to him and wrapped her arms around him. "Has it been programmed yet?"

Dreamsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें