Chapter 13

***

Does feeling compromised ever feel this good? Literally feeling compromised...

His heart was hammering under my palm. I just wanted to place my ear on his chest and hear his heart's melody day in, day out. His mouth curved in a smile, his eyes grew intense. He looked at me as if his whole world resided in me.

He was closing in the distance. And I felt like letting go, letting go all my anger, lowering all the walls I've built, let him, just this once... He whispered even when we were the only ones inside the room,

"Nadiya."

With that I woke up. He had to say it! He had to say her name. I threw the pillow across the room. Ofcourse he said her name! Why did he even utter her name while being with me? Or was I imagining myself as her? I wanted to be her, so that I could be close to him? Because I knew,

He chose her,
He would always choose her.

"Good! You are awake!" Ada begum said barging in my chambers like it was her own.

"So what happened last night? Did something mushy mushy happen?" She said slumping on my bed.

"More like complete opposite of it!" Ila said. I gave her a look and she went away.

"What does she mean?" Ada begum asked me frowning.

I proceeded to tell her all the events of last night. By the end of my monologue I was almost in tears, Ada begum looked at me sympathetically, she moved in closer, I prepared myself for her hug. But instead she knocked on my head with her knuckles.

"Ow!" I winced and rubbed the sore spot which I was sure would be a bump after a while. "What was that for?"

"To knock some sense into you. Why would you do that? Why would you say that you don't want to do anything with him? Why you stupid girl?" She asked huffing.

"I just." I slumped down. "He chose her. He always did and he always will. It's okay... he can be with her. Waise bhi, I don't feel anything special for him. Just a minute attraction."

"Minute attraction? Nothing special? Seriously? Fine then. I thought maybe I can give you advice on how to reel him back in. But you clearly don't need it. So I'll leave?" She said getting up. But I pulled her down.

"What advice?" I was curious.

"But you have a minute attraction. Why do you need advice?"

"Just for knowledge." I held her hand notting letting it go.

"Seriously? Why don't you just admit you love him?" She asked.

"I don't."

"Sure! You don't" Her eyes narrowed at me.

"Let that be. What is that advise you were talking about?"

"Hmm... We need to make you enticing first? Then he will come buzzing towards you like a bee and then you can trap him with sweet words." She said looking up at the ceiling as if her thoughts were getting projected on it.