Chapter 48

"This is not fair! How could you both agree to do this?" Prince Paarth yelled at his parents

"This is not fair! How could you both agree to do this?" Prince Paarth yelled at his parents. He found it shocking that they both had lost her sister to death and brought another girl home giving her his sister's identity.

        "Parth! How could you say this? Maharani Devika had decided on it and it is what will happen. I'm not found of the girl too but this is what your mother wishes."

Slowly the girl won everyone's hearts. She was quiet yet not shy, she was very intelligent, she learnt things quickly, like sword fighting and other languages. But she failed to impress him.

***

Her screams grew louder as Ruh panicked. She tried rubbing her hands but it had no effect on her. Her forehead was matted with sweat as she couldn't escape from pangs of pain. She didn't know anything about birthing a child and it seemed like Nadiya was getting worse by the minute.

         Ruh gasped as the intruders barged in her chambers. She could not believe that they had infiltrated the harem. The single soldier could not obviously hold them off. They were three in number. Ruh hurried to pick up the dead guard's sword to fend them off. They had amusing smile on their faces as they thought she was weak and an easy opponent.

       Ruh calmed her heart and took a defensive stance. She dodged one's sword as he quickly slashed his sword and missed by a hair's breath. Another's sword slashed her arms as she struggled to fend the three of them. It was a hard enough task.

       Her hands were moist with sweat, the metal handle of the sword was hard to grip. She almost defended an attack as she saw another thrusting her sword via her peripheral vision.

        "Enough! Why are you attacking her?! When you can clearly see his child's mother there, easy and defenceless?!" He bellowed and their hands dropped to their sides.

     Ruh looked at the new entrant and stared at him in shock. "Bhaisa?" She called doubting if he was the same brother she had grown up with.

       The prince of Ajabghar sneered at her, "Don't call me that. I am not your brother! I never was!"

         She stumbled back in shock from his words. "True. I am nor your sister by blood but do we not have a sibling bond? How could you attack Agra?"

       "My real sister died because of these people! While all of them are safe! Why? Who decided my sister had to die because just because she was a key!" He screamed like a mad man.

      "And you!" He stepped closer to the woman giving birth. "Anika! You! I sent you here to kill Jellal and her!" He pointed to Ruh. Ruh frowned at the new knowledge that her imposter was named Anika and had been sent to kill them.

"I'm not going to kill the man I love!" She grunted, "Kill me if you want! I don't care anymore!"

Whatever she said only enraged him more. Ruh found time slow down as the two men she had been fighting held her back. Her eyes widened in horror at the grotesque image of her brother stabbing Anika's heart. She gasped, even the men who held her back hissed in repulsion. Prince Paarth stopped finally taking deep breaths. Ruh felt bile rise from her throat. Her legs gave up as she slipped to the floor in a thud.

         Reinforcements arrived at the moment. The men and her brother were focused on fighting them. While, Ruh looked at the barely breathing Anika. She was gasping for breath, the dagger still sticking out from her chest. Ruh crawled on all fours and sat beside her clutching her hand.

"Ruh begum?" She gasped continuing, "Save my child, please, I beg of you! I place it in your care. Please, look after it as if it were your own. I know I ask too much but please, please..." After that her throat flooded with blooded as she slumped down; closing her eyes she took her last breath.

"Ruh!" Jellal ran to her and his eyes fell on Nadiya. He stood there stunned. While the hakim slid down and checked her belly. "Quick! Someone give me a clean dagger!" Ruh begum gave it to her, her hands shaking.

The hakim tore open the dead woman's stomach and pulled out the child. After two minutes the little child let out a cry. For the moment, the clanging of swords had stopped and everybody froze to stare at the crying child.

"It's a girl!" Hakim sahiba said to both of them. That was when Paarth moved towards the child. Without hesitating, Ruh pulled out the sword from Jellal's hilt and swung. A 'thud' followed as the Ajabgarh's Prince's head rolled on the floor and his crumbling to the ground.

"Not my child, bhaisa!" She muttered, the blood staining her feet and skirt.

***

A/N: Well damn my fingers! This chapter got published bymistake so I'm gonna let it be!

     Anyways, there's gonna be exactly 2 chapters now after this and we're done with till life.