Chapter 27

Vote & Comment.

***
Ruh's POV:

    I felt a prickly feeling in my stomach. Like someone was watching me . Then there were muffled sounds too. But my mind was too deep in sleep. I urged my body to wake up. The clatter of a vase finally woke me up.

"Let him go." I said slowly.

In return the man just gave a smirk. His hand was holding a sword against my husband's neck and his other hand clamped over his mouth.

I slipped my hand under my pillow where I habitually hid my dagger. I watched him. What did he want? Something was wrong. He didn't want to hurt the emperor. Then what did he want? I threw the dagger aiming at the wall behind his shoulder. It reached its mark slicing his shoulder on the way. That was enough for him to drop the blade.

Now that I had saved his life, it was time to save my honour. I pulled the covers upto my neck.

"Uncle!" The Emperor said with excitement in his voice. Then the both men went to laugh and embrace each other. I let out a deep breath, is this how ludicrously the men in this family greeted each other?

"This is The Empress." He pointed his palm to her.

"I think I shouldn't have bothered you this early in the morning." He said in return.

I scoffed, if he didn't think so, he shouldn't have.

"No-"

"Yes!" I cut my husband's sentence off and earned a glare from him. "This is rather a bad timing. I must apologise but it would be kind if His highness and you met in the courtyard after an hour."

"As her highness wishes." He said and bowed before her and left.

I sighed and let go of the covers. I wanted to ignore his glares. I put up my hands and yawned and stretched. All the while he bore holes into my skull.

"What?" I asked a little annoyed.

"That was so uptight. When did you become so rude?" He asked moving close to me.

"Is that what you're going to do instead of thanking me? What do you expect me to do? Greet him in a shift?
Did you even notice what I am wearing right now?" I asked tugging the material of my shift which was satin and almost see through.

The khwajasara said this type of clothing could knock down any hot blooded male. But that wasn't what happened last night. He didn't even sleep in the same bed as me. He slept on that awfully uncomfortable settee.

"Well...I do notice now." He had an amusing smile on his face.

What was it? I looked down and I gasped. The sunlight was streaming in and it made the almost see through shift see through. I pulled the covers to cover up whatever modesty I had left.

He pulled his head back and laughed. "Stop laughing. It is not funny."

"Oh yes it is. It is very funny." He said closing in on me.

"No. Stay right there!" I exclaimed flustered. I picked the covers up and moved towards the settee where my overcoat was. This had to be the single most embarrassing thing in my entire life. Just then my foot got tangled between and the covers and I stumbled and fell.