Chapter 17

A/N: Vote And Comment.

***

There was something about this weather. The chilly weather or the smell of wet mud in the air, or the untimely showers, it brings out longing in some, happiness in some.

Jellal watched from the window of his chambers which overlooked the main garden. It was raining heavily but it was pleasant as it was the first rain of the monsoon.

Below in the gardens, out came running his daughter dragging out both of his wives. His attention was focused on the one with the magnetic laugh.

They had formed a circle and their feet danced in joy. What was so magical about rains anyway? It was just water. He thought lending his hand out and feeling the droplets fall in his palms.

He walked closer to the parapet of his balcony letting the rain soak his clothes. Looking down he admired her from above. And as if she knew he was watching, she looked up to him. He didn't expect her to smile, but she did.

As eyes met, under the dark sky, two hearts reached out for each other too. That moment of perfect match was ruined by Nadia. She came running to his balcony.

"Jellal?" She called out to him as she ran to him.

He turned to look at her who called. She jumped into his arms and laughed in joy. It wasn't magnetic but it was enough to make him smile. She wound her arms around his neck and looked up to the heavens.

"It's raining! Jellal!"

She laughed and he laughed too. He looked down to see piercing eyes looking at him. Just then the thunder cracked and lighting flashed and her expression struck him. It was of betrayal.

She looked away, hiding the pain evident in her eyes and rushed back to the palace. But he kept looking at the empty spot where she stood smiling at him.

"Jellal!" Nadiya shook him, she looked down to see what had caught his attention.

He pulled away from grasp. "Let us go inside." He said walking away from her too.

There was something about monsoon that washed away pain not because it soothes wounds but because it quenches the thirst for revenge.

***

Ruh  clutched the letter in his hands and ran as fast as she could. How could he leave like this? Her heart clenched in an unfamiliar way. She ran towards the entrance of the palace gates.

Farookh stood there preparing his mare. She walked to him before he could alight the horse.

"Brother!" She called out to him. "Were you leaving like this? Just leaving a letter for me?"

"I'll be back you stupid girl. Why are you getting so emotional over such a petty matter?" He asked laughing.

"Why you? Brother? Why not a messenger to deliver this message?"

She knew the answer very well why it was him. The Emperor was not in good terms with him. So he was being sent away to return after a week or so.