Chapter 14

"Love,
Because of love..."

Jellal's POV:

What even defines as love? There never existed a person who defined love. Nor does anyone knows how love is supposed to feel. But then why did my heart fall apart when she pushed me away?

Could love even happen twice? Or is it just the heart's pathetic attempt to replace the hollow?

"What does love mean in your culture?" I asked Farookh, the dark haired brown eyed traveller. He had a huge scar which from his forehead to his cheekbone, which he didn't like talking about.

"From what I know and what I've seen. It's not heart fluttering or the pulling we feel towards the opposite sex. Those things eventually fade away but not love. Love itself is not an individual feeling. It's care, affection, attraction, respect, hate, tragedy. It's what remains when nothing remains. It is so empty that it makes you feel full. So simple yet so complicated.

Love is when souls recognise each other not only individuals."

I took in each and every word that was uttered by him. "I've never heard something this beautiful. I have another query..." I brushed my hands on the roses around me.

"Can love happen twice?"

"A woman loves her husband unconditionally until she gives birth to a child. Then she loves her child unconditionally."

I frowned. "Then it does?"

"It's all the matter of the mind. She might love her husband and the child in different ways but love nonetheless."

My frown grew deeper, "I don't understand..."

"It depends on circumstances. Just like every individual looks different, he loves different, is loved different. No love is wrong. Love is just love."

"What if a elder man claims he loves a barely young girl? What then? Isn't it wrong?" I asked.

"You just said he claims he loves. He feels lust, your highness, not love. Hence it is wrong."

I let a deep sigh out. What I felt for Ruh might just be physical attraction. It might just be a desire to attain her. But why did I feel that was not so?

"Does love fade away? Over the years does it fade away? I know a person who loved his first wife very much but she left him and over the years, he started developing feelings for his new bride, his second wife? How can that be? Did it fade away and then rejunivate?"

"Hmm... Maybe, he wasn't fated to love his first wife anyway. Maybe his fate was his second wife whom he is to truly love. Fate is as vague as love. It cannot be truly predicted.I can just say that the woman that comes inside the garden next is the one you are fated to love. It is that vague." He said with a chuckle.

I threw my head back and laughed. And he joined me. We turned around to take another stroll. A clang rang in our ears, we both turned around to see a metal platter on the ground.

"I'm sorry Ruh Begum. I stumbled on a stone.

"It's okay! Be careful. Are you hurt?" She asked the maid and proceeded to walk through the aisle of bushes with her maids following her.

"What a miraculous co incidence it is that you're begum walked in through the entrance. Maybe you two are destined to be." His words just reached my ears but did not register themselves.