Chapter Thirty-Four

Alex's POV:
The following day of my meeting at the police station, some kind men came and installed my panic button. It was literally just a tiny keychain-like item. Very small, but could potentially save mine and my unborn baby's life. All I had to do was press the button and it would pinpoint my location, and an officer would be sent to come help me. This entire situation could just be an overreaction on my part. I mean, I doubt this guy would show up at my house. I'm just afraid of what he could be capable of, considering he may or may not be Chad's son. If he is Chad's son, there's the danger of him being as violent as his father. If he's not Chad's son, then it's clear he may be off for just saying he was. Regardless of whether or not this was just paranoia, I figured Niall needed to know. It was about time we spoke anyways.

Grabbing my phone, I dialled Niall's phone number and listened as it rang. I grabbed the panic button off the coffee table and stepped outside onto my back deck, taking a seat in a chair and looking out into the evening sky.

"Hello? Alex?" Niall's voice rang through my ear.

"Hi," I said weakly, although I was overjoyed to hear his voice.

"Darling, how are you? I'm sorry about how things left off... I do trust you, more than anyone. I just got jealous," Niall babbled, but I listened. "I'm just mad at myself for not being there with you. This is my life I'm missing out on for a career. It's our life that I'm missing out on."

My heart broke at his words. I wanted to shout at him to leave it all behind and come home to be with me and his unborn son. But how selfish would that be? This is suppose to be his dream. He has millions of fans who support him and would be heartbroken if he left.

"It's shitty," was all I could say. All of this drama mixed together with pregnancy hormones were making me feel as though I was going to cry. One more sweet thing out of Niall's mouth and I'll likely be a sobbing mess.

"I'd leave it all behind for you. I love you. I miss you."

"Fuck," was the only response I could muster as I began to cry. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Alex, my love, are you okay?" Niall asked, sounding concerned.

"No. I'm not okay. I need you here. I'm all alone and Ashton kissed me and there's a psycho who's claiming to be Chad's son looking for me and I'm pregnant as hell and I just need you!" I screamed into the phone. It was silent for a moment as I processed what I just said, then continued to cry. "I'm sorry. Don't listen to me. I'm too emotional."

"Can you call Eleanor? Or someone? Anyone, even if it's Ashton, to come stay with you? I hate that idiot for what he did but I just want you to be safe," Niall spoke, his voice shaking.

"Maybe. I really just want to go to bed. I'm exhausted," I sighed, trying to calm down.

Niall took a deep breath before responding. "You should rest, but please call someone first. I love you, Alex. And I love our unborn son... Just promise me you'll keep safe?"

"I will," I nodded my head although he couldn't see me. "I'll call now."

"Okay, gorgeous. Have a good night and call me soon. I love you," Niall said and I smiled.

"I love you too. Bye," I hung up the phone and took a deep breath.

I didn't want to call Ashton, but perhaps it was for the best. Ashton is, after all, pretty much my best friend. We can work passed a silly attempted kiss. Feeling confident, I dialled Ashton's number. He answered on the first ring and I quickly apologized. We spoke for awhile and I told him about what was going on with the psycho and all. I shouldn't have used to the word psycho, as this person could just be mentally ill. It wouldn't be their fault. Regardless, Ashton said he was coming over immediately. I thanked him and hung up the phone. I looked back out at the night sky and the tall trees of the forest that was in our backyard. I was feeling calm until a loud voice spoke from behind me, startling me.