Chapter Seventeen

Alex's POV:

I stood there shocked, unsure what to say.

"Oh, hey Perrie!" Niall came up behind me. He pulled me out of the doorway by the waist, then motioned for Perrie to come in.

"Per... Perrie, want to-would you like to talk up-upstairs?" I fumbled to find the right words.

"Yes, please." Perrie shivered, shutting the door.

"I'll be back in a second, babe." I kissed Niall's cheek.

"I think I'll go order that sign." I heard Niall mumble.

I grabbed Perrie's bag and brought it upstairs with us.

Walking into the guest bedroom, I placed her bag on the bed and motioned for her to take a seat.

We didn't speak for a moment, just a taunting silence. I snuck a peek at her facial expressions, which had hurt and confusion written all over it. You could see in her eyes she had been crying, as her usual bright blue eyes were a dull shade of grey.

She looked at me with a pleading look. Pleading for answers I couldn't give her.

"What exactly happened...?" I asked her in a calm, caring voice.

"Well..." She started with a sigh.

Perrie's POV:

"Well..." I started the story with a sigh.

~Flashback~

"Zayn?" I said softly, entering the living room where my wonderful husband sat on the couch with a beer in hand.

"Yeah, babe?" He answered back, not looking away from the television.

"C-Can we talk...?" I stuttered.

My emotions were scattered. I was overjoyed, terrified, nervous, excited... Not exactly sure what to think.

"Sure." Zayn replied emotionless.

I took a seat on the couch beside him, taking a deep breath. I stared at him for a moment before blurting out the words I've been dreading to say...

"I'm pregnant."

Zayn finally turned to me, staring at me for a moment before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Nice one, babe. Now, what were you going to tell me?" He chuckled.

"That was it. I'm pregnant, Zayn." I spoke calmly.

Zayn's face fell and he just stared at me, his emotions unreadable.

"Get out." He said, his voice shaking.

"What?!" I screeched.

"Get. Out." Zayn hissed.

"But Zayn! This is your child as well! You can't just send us off!" I pleaded.

Zayn stood up from the couch, as did I. He walked to the kitchen, grabbing another bottle of beer and popping the cap off.

He took a big swig of beer then looked back at me.

"What are you waiting for? Pack a bag and get out."

"Can we at least talk about this?! Zayn I'm your wife and this is your baby! I know you love us both!" I screamed at him, tears threatening to spill.

"Just get out so I can think without you babbling in my ear!" Zayn yelled, walking off into the basement.

I stomped up the stairs towards our bedroom, grabbing a duffle bag out of the closet. I opened the bag and placed it on the bed, then -a little to aggressively- opened the drawer of my dresser. I collected a few items of clothing then shoved them into my bag, zipping it up then making my way back downstairs. I got my phone, keys and my jacket then left the house.