Chapter Ten

Niall's POV:

Ding dong.

"More trick-or-treaters." Alex smiled at me from her seat on the couch.

"Why can't you do some of the of the work?" I pouted.

"Cause I don't want to." She shrugged.

I huffed and walked to the front door. I slipped on my mask so no one would recognize me, then opened the door.

"Trick or treat!" The young kids screamed in unison.

"Wow! Awesome costumes guys!" I placed some candy in their bags.

"What are you supposed to be?" A young girl asked, looking up at me.

"For all we know you're a pedophile hiding under that mask." One of the older kids, maybe around the age of ten, spoke up.

Man this generation is screwed...

"What's a pedalief?" The small boy beside the young girl asked.

"Nothing you need to know about sweetheart."

A young woman (who I assumed was the mother of the children) finally got off her phone and escorted the kids off my front porch.

I closed the door and took off my mask, then joined Alex in the living area.

"Do I really seem like a pedophile?" I muttered to myself.

From the corner of my eye I Alex look down from the newspaper she was reading and gave me a strange look.

"What the actual hell Niall?" She chuckled lightly.

"The kid- never mind. How are you feeling?" I gently placed my hand on Alex's stomach.

"Good. Kind of in pain, but good. And you?" She grinned.

"I'll be good to if you dance with me." I smirked.

"Dance?" Alex gulped.

"You know I can't dance." Alex sighed.

"I'll show you. Come here."

I put my phone on the small speaker and played "To Build A Home" by The Cinematic Orchestra.

As the piano began to play slowly over the speaker, I slid a hand around Alex's petit waist and took her hand in mine.
She rested her other hand on my chest, and her head laid gently on my shoulder.

We swayed gently to the music, not speaking a word. Just enjoying the moment we are able to share together.

As the song ended, I heard a bang on the door.

"I'll get it." I sighed, frustrated.

I just want to enjoy this moment with my girlfriend, but noooo.

Grabbing my mask, I put it over my head and opened the door, only to see that there was no one in sight, and it had began to rain.

"That's weird..." I mutter to myself.

I close the door and take off my mask, tossing it on the ground and walking into the living room with Alex.

"No one there." I shrugged.

Alex chuckled and sat on the couch. I took a seat beside her and sat down.

"I'm bored. Can we-" Alex was stopped mid-sentence when the power shut off.

"Poop." Alex crossed her arms.

Alex turned her head frantically, trying to see if we had any candles around.

We both looked at the backyard as a flash of lightening lit up the dark area.

A loud boom of thunder followed the lightning, then before we knew it another flash of lightning lit up the backyard again.

Alex screamed a blood curdling screen that caused me to cover my ears and hide under the table.

"What the hell?!" I shrieked.

"Niall! Look at the screen door!" Alex exclaimed.

I snuck a peek at the screen door and saw a demonic looking creature pressed against the door. It's face was red and bloody looking, and it's clothes were ripped to shreds. It looked like a teenage boy had been beaten into a demon.

"Holy sh- what is that?" I hid under the table more.

The creature started banging on the door and Alex started to hyperventilate.

I rushed to her side and held her in my arms.

"Shh, it's okay. Just a-"

I shut up as the person fell on the ground-laughing?

"Dammit." I nurtured under my breath.

Alex walked to the door and opened it.

"Harold you idiot!"

"Harry?" I stood up and walked towards the back door.

"You... You should have seen... your faces!" Harry took a breath between every word.

The make up on Harry's face washed away as the rain poured down on his face.

He stood up and smiled at us.

"Are you drunk?" Alex asked.

"Just a bit..." Harry stumbled.

"Get your butt in here." Alex grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him in.

I closed the door and watched as Alex stared at Harry.

Alex's POV:

I was staring at Harry, wondering what I should do for him.

"You're soaking wet. Niall can he borrow your clothes?" I turned to look at Niall.

I heard a thump then turned to look back at Harry, who had passed out on the floor.

"I say we just leave him like that." Niall shrugged.

I gave him a look that said "Help me." And he chuckled and helped me drag Harry upstairs to bed.

(A/N): filler chapter sorry.

Thanks for all the support and thanks reading!

Love you all. (No creepsta)

- Corrina