Part 3

We are walking to lunch and his hand brushes against mine, and my heart starts to beat faster. My cheeks get warmer and my mind starts to wander off.
Until all the sudden I am being lifted into the air.

"Ahhhhhh!" I scream while wrapping my arms around whatever lifted me up, which happens to be none other that Karma.

"Wow, Nagisa-Chan. If I knew you would cling to me if I picked you up, I would do it often." Karma says jokingly.

It takes me a minute to realize that I am clinging to Karma for dear life. My arms are wound around his neck and my legs are wrapped around his waist. My head rests in the crook of his neck and I am over come with warmth. It takes me a couple more minutes to realize that I should let go, even if it is the last thing I want to do.

"Sorry." I mumble while trying to climb down from where I felt that unbelievable warmth. Karma seems to have other ideas. He wraps his arms around my waist, holding me where I am. If anything his arms press me closer.

"What are you doing Karma-kun?" I ask while trying to keep my voice steady.

"I like this position, Nagisa-chan. I think I'll carry you all the way to the tree." Karma says as he starts walking toward the tree we usually eat our lunch at.

This is beyond embarrassing. he is carrying me and, as much as I hate to admit it, I like being held this close by Karma.

We get to our tree soon and he sets me down and I lean against the tree until my heart stops beating so fast. Then I sit down and start to enjoy my lunch.

During lunch, we talk to each other like always, and even though we re best friends, we know why is off limits. My mom, his uncle, and the downfall of the only teacher that actually cared about us. They talk about Koro-sensie with others, but with each other, they don't have to pretend to be  looking forward to his death, or that either one actually needs the money.

Things have always been like this. I care about Karma more than anything and we don't have to pretend.

That might be the thing i will miss most of he were to leave. So I have to make sure he doesn't. Do what i have to.  No matter what.