Part 6

KARMA POV

Suddenly all I can hear is the words I'm gay being repeated over and over again. He's gay. I should probably say something right about now. He just said something major. He was probably super scared right now, waiting to hear his best friend comfort him in some way. To let him know he had nothing to be ashamed of, that it was alright.

I start to open my mouth, before closing it. I'm not exactly sure how to reply to that. Is a simple 'it's okay' work.Or does it need some type of joke. Or should I laugh it off. Tell him that he's still like a brother to me?
Actually I don't think brother is the right term.

Friend doesnt quite fit either. I will come up with an answer for that one later. One hard thing at a time.

Now back to my major dilemma. What to say to Nagisa to make him feel better. I look at him and see his head against his knees and his flowwy blue hair up in his pigtail that I can't help but find utterly adorable.

"If you dont want to talk to me anymore, I completly understand. I lied to you for years and now i come out like that. You probably think I'm disgusting. I'm sorry." he says and before I can think it through, my arms are wrapping around his small body and pulling him closer. Closer. Closer.

"If you even think about not talking to me again, I really will make you eat bark. Or maybe something more painful. You are my best friend and nothing will change that. Not your sexuality or family problems. So go head and throw anything else at me cause unless you tell me that you hate me, you're stuck with Karma the Freak."

"I am very happy to be with Karma the Freak. Thank you, so much, for not hating me."

"Come on now, Nagisa-chan. How could I possibly ever hate you? Your face is too cute." I wink and my heart picks up when his face turns the most brilliant color of red and I help, but think of how much more I want to be the reason that he blushes. That I want to continue being the only one that makes him blush like that.

"Well, since everytging has been settled, guess we should go home or something." he says and he tries to smile, but I can see those traces of fear hidden in those eyes. Kurasuma-sensei says he is a natural born assasin, adept to hiding emotion, but I can always see. That's why I was so sure he couldnt lie to me. Of course, I guess I was wrong.

"I want to go home with you." I say, without thinking about it and he sorta freezes.

"No, you really don't. You can meet my mom at a later undisclosed date when she is having a good day." he replies.

"So is today a bad day for her?"

"Well this morning she was laying on the floor saying how cool our plain white cieling is so, yeah I think I would say today is a bad day."

I nod, getting it but not really. Understanding but not.

"Well I'll talk to you later. I will pick you up outside the fake house and you will at least show me where your house is." i say giving him a hug and we split ways.

Walking to my house I hear kids and parents and creaking swings and laughter. Soon I get to my house and walk into my empty house where silence welcomes me like parents. Guess I should do homework of something. But instead of doing that I go to my room, lay on my bed and think of Nagisa until sleep and darkness pulls me under.