Part 4

After lunch, we walk back to the class room. When we get to the top of the hill we can see the main school building. The big, shiny building that holds all of the 'good' kids. The ones they thought were worth the time.

I don't stop and stare at it like I did when I first got here. I don't fantasize about being back there like I used to. Because the friends I have now are way better than anyone I could get there.

We get back to class and there are 2 other attempts to assassinate Koro-senei. All failed. After that Karma walks me home. He always walks me all the way up to the door and then leaves. When we get to the door step he says good night and walks away. When I'm sure he's gone I walk away from the house. I go down the alley and head towards the apartment I live in. I take my hair out of its pigtails.

After that I walk up the stairs and hear screaming. Here we go again.

"Well maybe I don't enjoy taking the meds." My mother screams.
Whoever she's talking to says something and her reply is,

"Do you think I care?! You can't take Nagisa away from me! She belongs to me!"

My mom had lost custody of me about 5 years ago. The conditions of her getting me back was that she had to take her medicine. She is on anti psychotics and anti depressants. She doesn't like the meds. She says they make her feel weird.

After I think she's hung up the phone, I walk into the apartment.

"Hey Mom." I say as I walk in.

"Hello honey. How was school?" She asks as she looks over me carefully.

"Good. Karma walked me home again."

"I don't see why. What kind of girl only wears pants. It's not right."

Maybe that's cause I'm not a girl. I think but I don't say. Mom has always wanted a girl. She started taking the meds after she figured out I was a boy the first time. She started beating me thinking it would fix my gender or something. That's why they took me away the first time. But she promised she would take her meds if they just let her keep me.

That's working out great, as you can see.

She loves me. I know she does but she would love me more if I was a girl. That's something I have come to accept.

"Darling, you're never gonna get a man, especially not this Karma person, if you don't start dressing and acting like a lady." She says and I sigh.

"Did you take your medicine today, Mom?" I ask and she glares at me.

"No. You know I don't like that medicine. Its not natural and it makes me feel bad. You don't want me to feel bad, do you?" She asks.

"Their gonna take me away again if you don't take your medicine."I explain, just like every other day.

"You're mine. They can't take you away! You're mine!" She starts screaming and I nod.

"Yes I am, Mom. And I don't want to leave again. Please just take your medicine." I say and she frowns but nods.

"Okay, Nagisa. For you, I'll take that medicine."

I smile at her. If they take me away again, then I can't look after her. And I'll have to leave Karma and all of my friends. If I can kill Koro-sensie, then I could have enough money to buy us a house and maybe bribe the CPS people so they won't take me. With that thought, I grab a big shirt and pull it over my head ready for bed.

I just don't want to have to leave, again. I like it here.