Chapter 5

I could hear muffled noises from afar, but I don't want to get up and fall or do something stupid. I heard footsteps coming towards me and waited to see if it was Anna.

"Hey. C'mon, we're going to be late to our next class if we don't boogie." Anna's voice announced.

I started to stand up and heard a second pair of footsteps stop near us.

"Mind if I join?" Aaron's voice spoke. I smiled slightly.

"Not at all." Then I felt Anna's hand touch my arm as she slightly tugged me the way we needed to go. I felt Aaron's arm go around my neck loosely and I stiffened for a moment, but almost immediately relaxed.

"You can sit now." Anna whispered quietly in my ear so that Aaron didn't hear. I gave a slight nod and sat waiting for the rest of the students to come around.

Slowly, more and more footsteps made their way into the room until almost all was still except the teacher that was now talking. I felt a piece of paper land on my desk and made a panicked look towards Anna.

"Wanna hang out tonight at mine? Aaron." She whispered to me. I poked Aaron and suspected he looked at me.

"Sure." I replied. I wondered if he smiled or not.

........................................................

Once my one day at school was over, Anna drove me home.

"Thanks Anna." I said as she led me to my front porch and hugged her.

"No problem. Oh, and don't forget you're hanging out with Aaron tonight."

"Alright. Thanks again Anna." I said and smiled.

"No problem. See ya best friend." She said and started to walk away.

"Bye." I said and felt for the door handle. I finally found it and opened the front door. I immediately ran into someone.

"Watch where you're- oh hey sis." Garrett said.

"Hi Garrett." I smiled. I realized what he started to stay at first and a question I've wanted to ask forever popped in my head. I heard him shuffling around me.

"Garrett?" I asked.

"Hm?" He responded.

"Do you feel forced to love me?" I asked.

All the shuffling froze around me.

"Why do you ask that." A cold voice from my brother asked. I winced slightly.

"Because we don't seem as close as we once were. You don't even hang around me that much." I said.

"Well what do you expect me to do?!" He shouted and I became afraid. "How am I supposed to know what to do around you! I mean, you can't even see me. You don't smile back, you never look directly at me, we can't do anything as a family anymore without you needing help, and not to mention we're barely even a family anymore." I heard his footsteps walk away and I let his words sink in.

I felt my way to my room holding back my tears. Do all blind people cry? My heart was crushing itself in pain. I felt the brail below my alarm clock telling me the time and realized I had about 2 hours before Aaron arrived.

I put in one of my favorite playlists of sad songs. All signs point to Lauderdale by a day to remember started playing. My wrists burned with a need, a need too strong to ignore. Even though I may not be able to see, I still can feel and move.

I felt my way to the bathroom connected to my room and then felt for my razor. I could feel the old scars burning, burning to have friends. That's what they got, 3 more cuts added.

I decided to just take a shower before I left.

..............................

I was finally ready to go in a long sleeved black shirt and black pants and my normal black boots. I decided to just put my hair in a pony tail since I couldn't style it.

The doorbell rang and I slowly made my way to the door. I opened the door and Aarons voice greeted me.

"Hey, I brought you these." I panicked slightly and reached out grabbing what felt like a bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you." I smiled. I put them on the table near the walk in and right before I left, a voice interrupted.

"Where are you going?" My brother asked. I instantly became cold.

"None of your business. Just tell mom I'll be home by midnight." And with that, I let Aaron lead me to the car.