Chapter 7

Ruby's POV

He just left. I stood there looking into darkness thinking I deserved to be blind. I stumbled backwards slightly from the wave of pain that hit me. I felt my way to my room, laid on my bed and cried silently.

"Time for lunch!" My mom yelled to me from the kitchen.

"I already ate!" I yelled back stronger than I felt. There was no response, but a slight knock on my door. "Who is it?" I croaked.

"Can I come in?" My brothers voice spoke through the door softly.

"Why?" I croaked still crying.

"I need to talk to you." He said.

"Come in." I said still crying then I heard the door open. I heard his breath hitch. He must've caught sight of me.

"Did you do that because of me?" He asked and I felt him lift the arm which I cut.

"It doesn't matter, it's fine." I said.

"It's not fine." He dropped my arm. "But that's not what I came to talk to you about. I wanted to say I'm sorry for how I treated you the other day, it's just that some days are harder than others. I was upset and I know I shouldn't have taken it out on you, but I did and I wish that I could take it back. Am I forgiven?" He asked. Garret's my brother and we're family.

"Yeah Garry, you're forgiven." I said and smiled softly. I wish I could see if he smiled back.

"Now." Garret said. "Why have you been crying?" I told him the story of what happened maybe not even an hour ago and suddenly, I was pulled into a warm embrace.

"I'm sure he was just confused and upset and maybe a little hurt." He said.

"I've only known him two days now though, he shouldn't have that strong of feelings for me." I said.

"You're right, but to me it sounds like he likes you." Garret sang the last part. I blushed.

"No one can love me, Garry. Especially because I'm blind." I said.

------------------------------------

I hung out with Garret most of the day, but when it came to dinner, I just couldn't stay. So I called Anna.

M - Hey, can you pick me up for a bit?

A - Sure! I'll be there in 5

Then I hung up and went to go find my mom.

"Mom?!" I called out into the darkness.

"In the kitchen!" She yelled back. I felt my way to the kitchen.

"Hey mom?" I asked wondering where in the kitchen she was.

"Right here hun." She said from about 5 feet from me.

"I'm gonna go to Anna's for dinner. Is that ok?" I asked hoping she'd say yes.

"Yeah. Just be home by midnight." She said.

"I know." A car horn sounded. "Bye mom." I said as I felt my way to the front door.

"Bye hun!" She called after me. I found the front door, opened it, turned and crabbed my cane and started clicking to Anna's car. I heard laughing and stopped.

"A little more to your right Ruby!" Anna called out. I smiled and started clicking again, but to my right and finally found Anna's car. I opened the car door and slid in.

"I already ate so let's have some fun." I said smiling.