Chapter 16

Aaron's POV

Today was the check up and Ruby was with me in the car. My mother was driving us. As we pulled in she didn't follow us into the hospital leaving Ruby and I alone. I got an impulse to hold Ruby's hand, so I did. She slightly tensed but relaxed and let me lead the way to where we were going.

As we walked in the receptionist looked up from her papers and widened her eyes.

"It's you! Pretty eyed girl!" She shouted at Ruby and Ruby winced while nodding. "Well I see you brought your friend, Aaron Scott right?" The lady smiled at us and all Ruby did was nod and I saw the lady's smile falter when Ruby didn't return it. "Ok well you're all checked in, please wait in the waiting room for further notice," the lady said. I pulled Ruby towards the waiting room and sat on one of the benches then grabbed her waist and softly pulled her onto my lap as we waited. I saw her blush out of the corner of my as I stated forward.

-------------------------------------------------

We waited for about an half an hour before we were called to a room. I softly lifted Ruby off my lap and put her on the ground and stood up grabbing her hand once more and started leading her to where the nurse was leading us and saw many smiles and awed faces along the way. We finally made it to a room and I gently picked Ruby up by the waist sitting her on the bed and then climbed on next to her as she pouted at me.

"I'm not a baby," she said pouting. I smiled.

"To me you are," I chuckled at her expression of mock horror and heard a giggle and my head immediately turned to see the nurse that lead us here standing there looking at us.

"I'm nurse Mandy and I'm here to check up on Aaron Scott which I'm guessing is the male here," she said smiling at us and gave Ruby a wink but Ruby stared blankly at her with slight eye sight wavering and the nurse looked confused. "Are you alright dear?" She asked. Ruby nodded and took a breath.

"I'm blind," she said softly and the nurse looked surprised.

"You seem to get along quite well though," the nurse said. "How long have you been blind?" She questioned. Ruby looked in thought.

"Since I was five so, twelve years. Soon to be thirteen in a week," she said thoughtfully and I heard the nurse gasp.

"You're not Ruby Philips are you?" The nurse nearly exclaimed and I was so confused as Ruby nodded just as confused as I was. "Hunny, do you still want to be blind? You don't have to be," the nurse said and I could not explain my emotions at that moment.