Chapter 14

Aaron's POV

I was in so much pain when I woke up. I looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table and saw that it was only six p.m. I stood up and made my way slowly to the kitchen. When I walked in I saw my mother cooking something and step dad sitting at the counter staring at her. I went and sat on a stool next to my step dad.

"Hey kid, how was your nap?" he asked looking over at me. I shrugged.

"It was alright," I paused, "and what were you trying to tell me before I fell asleep? Something about Ruby I think it was," I said and he looked a little nervous. My mom even stopped stirring whatever was in the pot she was cooking.

"Um, maybe this should be discussed some other time..." he said trailing off.

"Or Ruby could tell him dear," my mother cut in. I groaned.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?!" I yelled frustrated. "You know what never mind. I'll be in my room," I muttered then left to my room.

When I walked in I shut the door and looked at the calendar on the back of it. Next week I have a check up. Why is it so soon? Oh well.

I went and got my phone from the bedside table and decided to call Ruby. She picked up on the third ring and, to be honest, I was not expecting what I heard.

I was immediately planted by the loud sound of Harry Potter, but it slowly became dimmer and dimmer as, what I'm guessing, she walked away.

"Hello?" I heard her voice ask.

"Hey, it's me Aaron," I responded.

"Oh, hey how are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm in pain, but nothing I can't handle," I said trying to be tough. I heard her giggle a little.

"Wow. So, anything you needed?" she asked.

"Actually yeah. So first thing is, can you come with me next week to my check up? I don't really want to go by myself," I said or asked, I don't know don't judge. I mean I guess it's both...okay I'm going to stop now, continue.

"Sure, anything else?" she asked.

"Yeah, one more thing. Can we meet up? My step dad tried to tell me something about you and him earlier, before I fell asleep and I didn't quite catch it. Now they won't tell me, but they said you might. I'd like to know please, so can we meet up?"

"Um yeah sure...when?" she asked after a short pause.

"Tomorrow sound good? It kinda sounded like you were busy when I first-"

"Rubes! Diamond with boobs! What are you doing in there?! You're holding up our whole Harry Potter marathon!!" I heard someone yell. I started laughing and couldn't help it.

"Diamond w-with b-b-boobs?!" I asked and could only imagine her blushing bright red.

"Anna! I'm just talking to Aaron!" she yelled sounding embarrassed. "Sorry about her, she's kinda had too much sugar. So tomorrow sounds good, what time?"

"Hm, how about one?" I asked.

"Sounds good see you then," then the line went dead.