Chapter 24

*one week later*

I didn't seem to have any more of my blind sighted moments the past week. Aaron had told me through text earlier that my mother had something to give me, unfortunately I had been shopping with Anna at the time.

I just walked in the door when my mother walked up to me and handed me an envelope.

"It's for you sweetheart," she said and walked away and back to whatever she was doing before. I made my way into the hall and into my room. I opened one of my desk's drawers and got my letter opener and opened the envelope. There was a letter inside.

Dear Ruby,

I'm going to do something very cliche, but we've been quite cliche lately anyway. Your clue is : the book you were reading when we first met.

-Aaron

I smiled and and went to my bookshelf. This was one of my favorite books. I felt for it, I've never changed my bookshelf since my surgery, and found it. When I pulled it out and another envelope fell out. I repeated my process from before.

Dear Ruby,

I see, well metaphorically, that you found my second note. You're going to hate this one. Clue #2 : go to the man that was once your father.

-Aaron

You've got to be kidding me.

-----------------------

And so I drove to Aaron's house and knocked. My father opened the door and smiled slightly then handed me another letter. He then quietly turned and shut the door leaving me with privacy. I then sat on the stairs of the front porch and gingerly opened the letter.

Dear Ruby,

I know, it was such a short goose chase, but I hope it's worth it. Do me a favor and come to my garage, but come in the side door.

-Aaron

I stood up and walked to the garage and opened the side door slightly confused as to why he wanted me to do it this way. I then opened it and my jaw dropped. Fairy lights decorated the cream colored walls. In the center of the garage was a Ford V8 almost like new and leaning against it was Aaron. The scene was beautiful and tears sprung to my eyes. Aaron pushed himself off the car and started coming towards me.

Once he was close enough, he gingerly grabbed my hands, cupping them in his large ones and leaned his head down on mine looking into my eyes. His eyes always so bright, looked so dark in this light and it gave me a sort of thrill. "Do you like it," he whispered. He was so close that his eyelashes brushed my forehead every time he blinked.

"I love it," I whispered back. He then gently let go of one of my hands and used his now free one to trail up the center of my neck to my chin.

"I'm glad," he whispered then tilted my chin up and gave me a gentle but deep kiss. My eyes fluttered shut as I kissed back moving my free hand to the back of his head fisting some of his hair in my hand. He started backing me up to the wall and eventually succeeded in getting me there. He then freed both his hands and pulled back slightly then lifted me up. Just as I had wrapped my legs around his waste, his lips were once again connected to mine.

He pulled back after a good minute and my eyes opened only to find him already looking at me. "You're so beautiful," he whispered. I blushed. He then gently kissed me and pulled back again. "Come with me, I'll be Clyde if you'll be Bonnie." He whispered and I grinned.

"So that's what the ford V8 is for," I smiled. He smiled back and shook his head.

"You're the only girl I know that knows that's the car they used," he smiled. "So, will you be my Bonnie?"

"Yes," I grinned and we were lip locked once more.

-------------------------------

Author's Note -

Don't kill me for this chapter please. Yes I realize Bonnie and Clyde were criminals, it was just a reference. If you don't like it, that's fine and I apologize, but thank you for reading.

-M