Chapter 12

Your POV

What the hell is she even doing here right now? I'm going to lose it any minute. I just stare at her a moment without staying anything. She's obviously uncomfortable with it, as she shifts in her spot.

I reach up and wipe a tear that was still falling from my eye from before she even showed. I turn around a look back to Camila, who's just watching with a confused and worried expression.

"I think I should just go home." I stated before reaching down to get my phone of the ground off the ground.

"Um yeah, I'll ummm get Emily ready." She agreed awkwardly nodding and quickly leaving the room.

I slowly stand up not turning around yet. I can still feel Lauren staring at my back. Suddenly I can feel her walking closer. Please don't do this not now. I can't handle it, any of it.

"Are you okay?" She asks softly touching my shoulder. "What happened?"

"Stop Lauren." I sigh turning around to face her. "Don't pretend like you care how I'm feeling."

"Y/N you know that..." She started but I cut her off.

"I know that you care blah blah blah." I shook my head. "I really can't do this right now."

"I know I hurt you." She stated. "But please don't shut me out."

"I have to Lauren." I raised my voice a little. "It's the only way I'm going to get over you."

"What's going on?" She asked again reaching for my hand.

"I have to go." I replied pulling away and walking around her toward the door.

"Stop." She said grabbing my wrist causing me to turn around.

We were now inches apart and I could feel her eyes burning a hole in my skull as she studied my face. I was just trying my best to look anywhere but her eyes as she held my wrist, as soon as I met them I knew I would break. I will forgive her and she knows it. Why is she doing this?

Minutes pass and nobody spoke. She continually watched me as I looked at the ground. Finally I decided to look up and she caught my gaze. Damn it now I can't look away. She's hypnotizing. She looks so worried and it's not something she's making up. Fuck you Lauren.

"What's going on?" She questioned again breaking the staring contest and looking toward my phone.

"I don't want to talk about it Lauren." I stated pulling my arm back from her hold.

"Please don't do this." She pleaded forcing me to make eye contact with hers again. "Don't shut me out." She repeated.

"Why should I talk to you?" I asked feeling a little angry now moving away from her. "Huh, it's not like you tell me anything."

"I was going to tell you." She replied quickly. "I didn't want to do it over phone."

"So, you waited for me to show up and see for myself." I let my hands fall to my sides. "Making me feel and look like the biggest idiot on the planet." I whisper yelled. Full aware of the other three people in the house.

"No, Y/N listen to me." She begged moving a little closer. "You're my friend. Probably even my best friend now."

"Friend zoned." I nodded laughing to myself. "Couldn't have done that earlier?"

"I didn't know you were going to show up like that." She stated moving closer again until she was just in front of me.

"Did I ever have a shot? Or were you just dragging me along just incase he didn't come back?" I questioned causing her to stop in her place. "Was I some backup plan?"