Chapter 22

Lauren's POV

I couldn't help but keep looking toward the dressing rooms as I waited for Y/N to come back out. I noticed her coach and the other guy came back out and joined the team on the bench again. Which left me wondering what was going on with the other girl.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I stated standing up again.

I quickly made my way to the stairs then down in the direction of the bathroom. I took a detour once the girls stopped watching me and walked toward Y/N's dressing room. Looking around before entering to make sure nobody was looking as I did so.

It smelt really bad in there and it was full of hockey bags and gear. I looked around and found Y/N sat there with her head against the wall and her eyes closed. I frowned a little noticing the gear missing off her right leg and the ice pack.

"I doubt you'd be aloud to fall asleep right now." I stated causing the hockey player to jump a little and look in my direction.

"What are you doing in here?" She questioned a small smile making its way onto her lips.

"I had to come see if you were okay." I replied smiling a little myself. "That was a hard hit."

"It hurt like hell." She stated laughing a little as she watched me trying to walk around all the different bags a things on the floor.

"Are you going to play again?" I asked as I took a seat next to her.

"I think so." She answered.

"Is that a good idea?" I asked pointing to her knee.

"I have to play." I restated. "It's my last game and there are lots of scouts here."

"But you already have a lot of offers don't you?" I asked confused.

"Not from Miami." She frowned a little playing with her fingers. "And they're here tonight."

"They're going to make an offer." I stated. "You're the best hockey player I've seen." I added causing her to chuckle a little.

"Yeah and you watch so much hockey." She smiled looking at me.

"Well no." I giggled a little. "But I know that you're the best."

"I want to stay in Miami." She frowned a little. "I know I'm a good player, but I need to show that scout that too."

"He's not going to offer you anything if you go back out and hurt yourself even more." I stated.

"I'm still going back out." She stated leaning down to put some of her hockey gear back on. "This game is important."

I frowned a little as I could see a little pain in her face as she put on her knee pad. I sighed moving so I was now on my knees in front of her, placing my hands on her cheeks so that she would look at me.

"Be careful." I stated. "Don't do it if you're body can't handle it. It's not safe. You could lose everything you've worked for."  I argued. "Aren't the national team tryouts next month?"

"Lauren," She smiled a little moving her hand a top mine. "Stop worrying okay. This isn't the worst injury I've ever had." She paused. "If I at all feel like I can't do it all stop."