Chapter 27 - The Storm

"The Storm rages on around us and we start to believe that we might die. We live in a world of conflict and strife. In human nature and Mother Nature."

}:{

The Snow.
It was falling hard and wind was picking up. Erudessa sat beside the fire looking out the window at the raging storm. It would be a long time before she could go out again. That meant she would have to go longer with the weight of everything she had to do. How long it would be, she didn't know. She feared it though. Honestly, she couldn't wait until she could just be done with everything that was going on. Then, she could leave Raecasta for good. When Edwin got back, she was going to official accept his invitation to leave with him. He was all she needed.

It had only been a few hours since Adan left, but she still felt the lasting effects of their conversation. She felt enraged and her heart rate was finally slowing down. There was just something about that conversation, the fact that he came to her at all, that angered her. He asked her to kill the first person she loved. He asked like she would just be hunting down an animal. But, Adan had never really had much of a heart. He understood nothing more than duty.

She had once been like that, and it was hard to believe that it was a month or so ago. I felt like so much longer. So much had happened since then. A lot of pain and strife, but she managed to keep hold of her sanity. She would always keep hold of her sanity somehow. That was the way the world worked.

Her mind drifted to all she had to do. First, she had to get close to Grimm, and managed to get information out of him. Then, he would be captured. Next, she would have to work with Adan on a plan to kill Rowe, and go through with it. She understood duty like Adan, but her heart had always caused problems. Her morals got in the way sometimes. In the past, she would be able to get over it, but she didn't think that would be possible now.

Rowe, her first love, would die at her hand. It was so hard to think after everything they had been through, she would end his life. Was that really how cruel the world was? It would allow her to kill the only person she had felt the strongest emotion for. It was true, she was the only one who could do it. Rowe had been trained to fight off any threat, but Erudessa had been taught the same at an even greater extremity. The few times they were allowed to fight to together, she had been the one to come out on top.

Once again, she would be the one coming out on top. But, this fight wouldn't end when someone remained pinned down for a few seconds. This would end when someone was dead. She was going to risk everything because he had fallen over the deep end. She should have seen the signs. For the moment King Eben died, he had been different. How were there no signs he would be as such? Maybe he only showed the signs when she was away.

Still, if she would have known, maybe they would still be together. They would be married instead of separated like they were. Separation was something they had overcome in the past, but marriage wasn't. There was no way that could be together again because he was married. She would be married eventually as well. But, would she ever truly love anyone like she loved Rowe. He had been everything to her. Could she just give that up?

All these thoughts swirled around it her head, and they were making her crazy. She was thinking of Rowe and it was making her yearn for him. The way his lips felt pressed against her. The heat that passed between them when there skin touched. How everything seemed so vibrant when they were together. She missed it all. Everything that had been a part of her at one point. It felt like something she couldn't live without.

Edwin was a great guy, and she didn't want to hurt him. She feared that she would never feel the same way he felt. Her mind would always linger on the passing thought of Rowe. She would never be able to fully give herself to Edwin if she was still devoting time to thinking of Rowe. It was almost like Rowe was a virus, infecting her mind. She would never be rid of him unless she got rid of the source. Not until she took out the source.