s u n s h i n e

❝The ocean is everything I want to be. Beautiful, mysterious, wild and free.❞ -Unknown

dedicated to magic_mockingjay, whose faithful words of encouragement motivate me to keep this story running. thank you so much for the support <3

◽︎◾︎◽︎

"Hello, this is the Fine Apple market--"

"Hey! You're still there!"

"... Uh, yeah... I work here. And, um, I thought you found your phone."

"I did! That's why I'm talking to you on it!"

"Look, unless this is strictly related to Fine Apple business, I have neither the time nor interest for chit-chat. The manager's... staring at me... right now-- HEY! WOW, THAT'S GREAT THAT YOU LOVE OUR PEARS! WE'RE HAVING A BUY-ONE-GET-ONE-FREE DISCOUNT ON THEM NEXT WEEK--"

"Oh! I'm sorry; I don't want to bother you. It's just... I'm stuck and there's no one else I can talk to. I would call my parents... but they're going to get the wrong idea about my level of responsibility and they'll NEVER let me do this again--and-- I'm just stuck!"

"Again...?"

"Yeah."

"Whoa... I, uh... I COULD HAVE SWORN THEY WERE RIPE!" 

"... What the heck are you talking about?"

"... Look... I gotta pretend we're talking about fruit. I, uh, I don't want to lose my job. Anyway, what did you do--WITH THE PEARS--this time?"

"It's uh... I don't know what's up, but the bus I'm supposed to take isn't here."

"Oh, that's... a shame."

"Yeah, it really is. It especially sucks, since I'm supposed to be home by seven."

"Uh, yeah. That definitely IS a problem. I'd recommend a... a nice dose of pineapple juice with that one, but we're... uh... CLOSING IN A FEW MINUTES, so... "

"But I need your help!"

"..."

"What, you can't help me?"

"Unless you're looking for a buy-one-get-one-free deal on guavas or half-off a party deal on mangoes, I can't really help you."

"But--"

"..."

◽︎◾︎◽︎