s h a r k

❝You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.❞ -Unknown

◽︎◾︎◽︎

"Hi Aria, this is uh, Tinkerbell. I know you probably don't ever want to talk to me again, but I thought I really should... apologize for acting really cold yesterday."

"Tinkerbell! Why--why would you think I don't ever want to talk to you again?"

"Um, everything? ... Like after I made that assholey comment yesterday... I realize that totally came off the wrong way... and then there was that other thing you... uh... never mind."

"Tink, you've got to realize I don't intentionally leave stuff like this unresolved. I didn't mean--"

"When you called me again yesterday the manager was monitoring me--I didn't want to sound like I was chatting when I answered the phone. I'm kinda on the verge of being uh... 'fired,' I guess you could say."

"Yikes, that's harsh. Why is that?"

"He doesn't--he doesn't think I'm doing enough work. And unfortunately, when he sees I'm on the phone all the time, it doesn't really... uh... give off the best impression."

"Oh, Tink..."

"It's fine."

"I had no idea I was putting your career in a vulnerable position."

"That's it, Aria--it really isn't you. It's me. I'm a terrible worker. Truth is... I really don't work. I just sit here on the sand all day waiting for customers that never come. And since my life has been such a failure, I'm doomed to spend the rest of my life stranded. Marooned."

"Tink... It isn't you. You just have an unfair manager; he should be the one fired, not you."

"No... you don't get it..."

"What do I not get?"

"Never mind..."

"Tink, you can't just leave me in the dark about everything. I need to know."

"But I'm not the only one keeping secrets, am I?"

"What?"

"Look, can we both just be honest with each other?"

"Honest... about what?"

"You really don't enjoy talking to me, do you?"

"What? No, of course not--what makes you think that?"

"And you want me to stop bothering you, right?"

"What--Tinkerbell--"

"So I'll stop bothering you."

"Tinkerbell!"

◽︎◾︎◽︎