s a n d

❝In your high tide or low tide I'll be by your side.❞ -Unknown

◽︎◾︎◽︎

"Aria."

"Lyndsey, give me one good reason why I should break this guy's heart."

"Aria--you know it isn't right to keep messing with him like this."

"It's not MESSING, Lyndsey--I'm trying to avoid hurting him."

"See Aria--the thing is, the longer you put this up, the MORE it's going to hurt when you finally have to pull the plug. Mutually. There really isn't a nice way to say this, but... you need to get your head out of the sand. You're not an ostrich."

"I'm... I'm trying to wait this out. Maybe I'll be able to bring back what we had."

"Hon, I've been there, done that-- once you can tell it's going downhill, it'll only pick up speed and get increasingly worse and you can't do too much about it."

"I hate you."

"I get that a lot. Listen Aria--I'm telling you the truth so you can hear it from me and not someone else."

"Lyndsey, what the heck am I supposed to do?"

"If you're not completely in, Ari, you're out. Evaluate the situation. Do you see Kale in your future? If not, end it."

"You suck."

"Thanks, but this is my Popsicle and I'm not sharing."

"Lyndsey..."

"Look, Aria, I'm always here for you, okay? I want the best for you... and for Kale too. But if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, you guys don't sound like a happy couple with big future plans. You sound like a lonely girl who's discontent with the guy you have and ready to look outward."

"But I can deal with it; Kale isn't actually doing anything wrong--I can live with it."

"Is that why you're in a relationship, Aria? To 'live with it?'"

"Well... no... but--"

"A relationship needs to be an intentional thing, Ari; you've got to realize that. You should always be looking ahead. If you don't see an eventual long-term relationship with Kale, then--"

"Then what; I should just throw him under the bus?"

"Literally or figuratively?"

"Not literally."

"Can you imagine yourself married to this guy eventually?"

"..."

"Because maybe I don't have any credibility as an outsider, but after everything you've just told me, I certainly don't."

"You're acting like I told you 'cause I wanted to. Remember you kinda forced me to spill all this?"

"That's not the point, Aria--I was trying to help you. Still am."

"Lynn, I think I can handle myself, okay?"

"I'm not going to tell you what to do, Aria--but I'm here for you."

"Thanks. I'll be fine."

"Hm."

"Lyndsey?"

"What?"

"What if he... what if he isn't okay?"

"Who? Your phone boyfriend?"

"Stop calling him that. I'm serious... I wrecked this thing. I can't just call him. I want to check on him, but I don't know what to do."

"I can't believe you."

"What?"

"You're dragging out your little stage act with Kale for literally no reason while you're still playing around with Phone Guy on the side. Aria, this is next to having an affair. Your relationship counselor doesn't have the tolerance for this. Pick one for heaven's sake."

"I just--"

"..."

◽︎◾︎◽︎