~41~ A day at the pool with the Crazy Kids.

Summertime and the living's easy   
Oh take this veil from off my eyes   
My burning sun will someday rise  

Sublime ~ Summertime (Doin' Time)

🌞🌞🌞

I wake up just after sunrise as usual, just lying on my back blinking around my bedroom. Watching the dust motes dance in the thermals under the honeysuckle stained glass window. Even before the sun is all the way up over Mt. Diablo, I can already tell that today is a gonna be a hell of a hot day. It's only seven-thirty in the morning and it's already pushing eighty degrees. So thanks a shitton global warming!  

One of those days, where we simmer in the shade of the shit-talking porch and sweat ourselves to death. So going to the pool sounds like such a better idea to me. Just let Jinni and Tommy have the entire Madhouse to themselves. Where they can make as much noise as they want, as they bang each other's brains out into death by dehydration, if they are so inclined. But me and the boys will be chillin' like crazies in the cool unwelcoming waters of the Hillsdale Homes community pool.

"Screw this shit ...we are so going to the pool today." I make the decision to venture into hostile waters.

I figure if I get the boys up in an hour, we can be out of the house by nine. Maybe even while it was still cool enough to walk it down the hill. Hit the local community pool by ten, and maybe even score some of the prime afternoon shady spots. So I can avoid getting burned to a cinder crisp under the evil summer sun. Damn you again perfectly pale Irish complexion!

So I push out of bed and start down the hall towards the downstairs. Where I pour a big bowl of Fruit Loops into B's metallic dog bowl and dump some plain homemade yogurt over it. Then proceed to slurp cereal slop over the sink, just like one of the local savages now. I think I do this partly to try to get into the right mindset to face the day. Partly because the dog bowl matches my beater chain better.

Between spoonfuls of Fruit Loops, I make Billy his breakfast. Which consists of pouring some cereal into a plastic sandwich bag then dumping some milk in. I don't bother with the niceties of utensils, cause the boy basically drinks his breakfast out of a bowl anyways. So after finish doing my small part to support rainbow rights, I pack lunches for me and the boys.

Simple sandwiches of salami and provolone cheese on toasted rosemary bread, albeit with my good spicy deli mustard. I can't help but smirk now when I use the toaster now, because every time it reminds me of Billy Boy's special naked water war dance. Just to be a bitch, I even throw in some low-fat cottage cheese and peaches in for Stevie's lunch. Cause after all peaches don't grow on trees. 

I take five out of the fu-fu mint blue Gatorades out of the freezer that we use for frost. Then pack the whole shebang in a rolling cooler that Billy can drag along behind us, like a dead body. Or at least what looks like a cooler full of severed heads to scare off the local village children.

After I have everything ready and all set to go, only then do bother to text B up at the Doghouse. Let him know what's up with breakfast, and the rest of the day.

ME: B~ I got breakfast for you. Then we are going to the community pool down the hill. Are you cool or what? 😎

B:  Yeah. Cool. When?

ME: Ah... just soon as I can get Rainbow Bright up and rolling. Do you need me to bring you anything from the house? Other than a big beach towel?😁😁😁

B:  Yeah. NOT Stevie in a NOT hot pink thong thing would be a nice change. 👿👿👿

ME:  I'll do my best B...but no promises. 😵😵😵