Chapter ten

Peeta POV

"Peeta Mellark!"

"Is that bread boy?"

"A leash oh my gosh!"

"Come on Peeta, we have to get to my shop to drop this off." Pinkie says annoyed at me dragging my feet.

I nod an get my feet to move faster.

My mind wanders to Katniss, I do my usual looking for her, but as normal I don't see her. The crowds of people stare at me as I walk down the street.

I look down at my feet trying to block out everyone yelling my name.

Then I hear it, my name but not like the others. I've heard

this person has said my name several times before.

It's her.

I look up and see her screaming for me, running at full speed toward me.

"Katniss?" I ask in shock.

"Peeta!"

"Katniss!" I scream and try to run to her but my owner pulls me back by my dumb leash.

I feel her collide with me, her arms wrap around me as we crash to the ground, she lands in a weird way, her side laying on my chest.

Before I can say anything her lips are on mine.

When she lets go she continues to kiss my face all over.

"I never thought I'd see you again!" She cries, tears streaming down her face. She doesn't look that much different. Her hair has grown out longer than the last time I saw her. Her eyes still shine. Her smile hasn't changed either.

"Me either!" I cry. She looks so beautiful.

Her hand goes under my shirt and she of course finds my whipping marks.

" Oh Peeta.. what are they doing to you?"

"He should be happy we just did it last night."

I look up at Pinkie who is smiling like she just won something.

My face turns toward Katniss who looks sick.

"No!"

"Katniss.. please don't worry about me." I cry, she must have her own problems, I don't need her wasting her thoughts on me.

"Peeta how can you.."

"Please.." I beg her.

"How can you do this to a kid! He's just seventeen!"

"Oh calm down girl, I bought him! I do what I want." She snickers.

I look back at Katniss her eyes turning to fire, like they have done many times before when she gets really upset.

"YOU WITCH!" Katniss screams trying to get up but I pull her back. I shake my head at her as I try to calm her down.

"I have to tell you something." She says looking me right in the eye. This must be serious.

"No you don't girl! Shoo!" Pinkie yells at her.

"Please.. I have to tell him this!"

"I don't care! He's mine!"

I start to cry knowing in no way can she win.

"Please ma'ma I swear it won't take.." She begs, tears make another appearance on her face.

It breaks my heart.

"Shoo! Guards!" Pinkie cuts her off sharply.

Katniss grabs on to me.