Chapter 5: Kimi Meets Someone Unexpected

(A/N This is the outfit Kimi is wearing. I imagine it to be a few inches above the knees. So yeah.)

Kimi continued to sail for the answers she desired: why she became a demigoddess. Her main focus was finding Maui because he clearly had more experience in this than she ever did. And she also found out that when she turned 20, she would stop aging. So this was a big deal. She stopped on a desert island to stretch and scout for more food. She looked at her now worn out canoe, which fell apart and floated away.

"Great. Just great. And sailing for years really takes it out of you," Kimi replied, stretching her worn out body.

"I know, right?" a deep voice chuckled.

Kimi froze for a minute. She didn't think that anyone was on this island. She regained her composure, grabbed her oar, and stood in a defensive position.

"Who's there?" she demanded.

"You don't recognize the demigod of the wind and sea, shapeshifter, hero to all? I am insulted," the voice continued.

"If you are who you say you are, prove it. Come out with your fish hook and shape shift into something," Kimi challenged.

Maui himself stepped out to where Kimi could see him.

"Yeah, about that. I sorta lost it to the sea," Maui answered.

"Correct. I wanted to make sure that the legend I heard was true," Kimi smirked, lowering her oar.

Maui smirked back and asked, "What exactly did you hear, kid?"

"The name's Kimi, first of all. And secondly, I heard that you stole the heart of Te Fiti and you were defeated by Te Kā, causing you to lose both your hook and the heart," she answered.

"And if you knew all that, why did you come here for my help?" he asked.

"How did you know I needed your help with something?" Kimi wondered.

"You just told me," Maui said.

Kimi giggled and replied, "You're good."

"I try," Maui shrugged.

"Well, I found out four years ago that I am a demigoddess of the wind and sea. And I thought that since you're a demigod of the same things, maybe you could help me out," Kimi explained.

"That makes sense. But without my hook, I can't use my powers. If you have something to make that happen, then maybe I could teach you. But I'm afraid that you came all this way for nothing," Maui said and started to walk away.

Kimi sighed and sat on a rock, looking out to the ocean. She felt like it wasn't a total loss that she was there, but she still didn't have answers.

"And by the way, have you really been looking for me for four years?" Maui asked.

Kimi smiled, turned around, and answered, "Mainly. The rest of the time I was seeking adventure on the ocean."

"Are you sure you're not into me?" Maui smirked, making his pecks move one at a time and Mini Maui to bounce from one to the next.

Kimi frowned and rolled her eyes as she said, "You're really funny."

Maui just chuckled as he walked away then added to himself, "I like this girl."

Kimi couldn't help but blush at that. Was she really looking for information to her powers or is there something else? She wasn't sure at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Kimi is stuck on an island with the famous demigod, Maui. She still doesn't have answers to her powers, but maybe she'll find out eventually.