Chapter 22: Arriving at Te Fiti

The canoe started to sail through a thick fog. Maui stood on the mast then looked down at Kimi and Moana. Kimi was helping Moana with anything she needed until they noticed Maui looking at them.

"What?" they chuckled.

"I figured it out," he said, jumped down, then explained, "You know the ocean used to love when I pull up islands. 'Cause your ancestors would sail the seas to find them. All those new islands, new villages, it was the water that connected them all. And if I were the ocean, I think I'd be looking for a curly-haired non-princess and a straight-haired demigoddess to start that again."

"That is literally the nicest thing you've ever said to me," Moana replied, touched.

"It's one of the nicest things he's said to me," Kimi added, smiling.

"And I meant each and every one," Maui said, winking at Kimi.

"Probably should've saved that for Te Fiti," Moana remarked.

"I did," Maui stated.

He showed them the island they were looking for as the fog lifted.

"Moana and Kimi of Motunui, I believe you both have officially delivered Maui across the great sea," he replied them chanted like they did for him, "Moana, Kimi, Moana, Kimi, you're so amazing!"

They both giggled at that.

"It's time," he said.

Moana gave him the heart and they all looked to see that Te Kā woke up. Maui got ready until he felt someone lightly grab his arm. He turned to see Kimi.

"Good luck. I believe in you," she whispered, kissed his cheek, and hugged his neck.

He returned it then parted as he looked at her with a gentle smile. Then he looked at Moana.

"Go save the world," Moana replied.

He smirked, did his yell, turned into a hawk, and flew towards Te Kā.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N It's time for things to get real!