Chapter 28: Two Chiefs

Montunui began to come alive again. Tui and Sina were confused by this until they saw a canoe coming their way. They ran toward the shore line as Moana and Kimi sailed toward them. When they saw each other, Sina and Tui were shocked but happy to see Kimi alive.

"Mom! Dad!" they shouted.

"Moana! Kimi!" Sina yelled.

They all hugged for a minute before they parted and smiled.

"I may have gone a little ways pass the reef," Moana said.

"It suits you," Tui chuckled.

Sina looked at Kimi with a sad smile.

"Kimi, we're sorry if we did anything to make you leave," she apologized.

"You didn't, Mom. I just needed to figure out some things. Turns out I'm a demigoddess. And I've been on quite a few adventures, but this was the best one," Kimi explained, winking at Moana.

She smiled, knowing what she meant. The parents were surprised at the fact their daughter was a demigoddess, but smiled.

"And also, I have a proposal," Moana said then added, "I know that I'm supposed to become chief, but I want Kimi to join me doing that."

Kimi was shocked but happy. Sina and Tui looked at each other and smiled.

"I don't see a problem with that," Sina replied.

"Neither do I," Tui added.

The sisters hugged and the village greeted them back. After a while, they got all the boats and canoes out of the cave and Moana and Kimi were given shells from the ocean. They placed them on the stones on the mountain, declaring they were the chiefs. Then the village went to voyage as their ancestors did before. (A/N Since Moana has a different outfit at the end, the outfit up top is Kimi's, but once again, it's a few inches above the knees.)

[Villagers:]
🎵Aue, Aue
We set a course to find
A brand new island everywhere we roam.
Aue, Aue
We keep our island in our mind.
And when it's time find home,
We know the way
We are explorers reading every sign.
We tell the story
About our elders in a never ending chain.
Te Fenua, te Malie.
Nae ko hakilia.
We know the way🎵

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay! Moana and Kimi are both chiefs of their village. But we're not done yet.