Chapter 29: A Special Surprise

A week after they went voyaging, they stopped on a new island to rest. Kimi flew over them as her eagle, but then noticed Moana, in her chief outfit, waving to her. She dove down then shape shifted back to herself, also in her chief outfit.

"Hey, Moana. What's going on?" she asked.

"I need to show you something," Moana answered.

Kimi nodded and followed her to the far side of the new island where there was a beach almost no one knew about. It was untouched and Kimi looked at it curiously.

"It's beautiful, Moana," Kimi replied.

"Not that," Moana said.

Kimi looked confused until she heard a familiar hawk cry.

"That! I'll be over here if you need anything," Moana smirked.

She left and Kimi couldn't quit smiling and tearing up as she knew what Moana just did.

"There's my favorite girl," Maui chuckled.

Kimi turned around, rushed to him, and leapt into his arms. She sobbed happily as they held each other. Maui chuckled as he stroked her hair and back. They parted and Kimi smashed her lips onto his. He eagerly kissed back as he caressed her cheek and she placed her hands on his chest. This lasted a while until they stopped to breathe.

"I missed you so much," she said.

"I missed you too. Sorry I didn't come to see you sooner. I was just thinking," Maui explained.

"You don't need to apologize. What were you thinking about?" Kimi asked.

"Well, I asked your parents and Moana something very important and they all agreed. I wanted to do this for a while and I hope you say 'yes'. Plus, Te Fiti didn't just give me a new hook," Maui answered.

Kimi looked confused until he pulled out a ring. She started to cry even more but out of happiness as he got down on one knee.

"Kimi, I have fallen for you since day one. You made me realize that I don't need my hook to be who I am. You brought out the best me I've ever been in a long time. And I want to continue that. So, Kimi, demigoddess of the wind and sea, will you marry me?" Maui proposed.

Kimi gently placed her hands on both of his cheeks and kissed him.

"Yes," she whispered after they parted.

"Yahoo!" Maui shouted, making Kimi laugh.

He placed the ring on her finger and they kissed again. Then they heard something and they looked to see the whole village cheering for them. They laughed as they hugged and were ready to start their lives together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Maui proposed and Kimi said yes! Yahoo! We're almost done though! Hold on!