Chapter 24: The Crowning Part Two.

Holding my head high even with plaguing nightmares trying to bring me down, I push aside my thoughts about Corrin. My mother too. It may sound horrible but I have time to worry later. Right now, I just need to walk my way through the Crowning and be done with this whole ordeal.

"I'm so sorry Johanna, I saw how much he meant to-"

"Fuck off, Blight. Just leave it there." I say sharply, leaving him to chew on his stubby, beefy fingers.

The train was as beautiful as before, but I didn't appreciate it. I hated it, in fact. I walked straight past the insanely gorgeous chairs and the trays of my favourite chocolate laid out just for me. I went straight into one of the bedroom carriages and slammed the door shout behind me, or tried too. Note to self, you can not slam shut an automatic door.

I didn't cry like I expected, I didn't do much. I just sat and stared into the blank screen that hadn't even been turned on. I didn't think, I didn't let anything run through my mind.

After a tedious few minutes, I jumped up and turned on the television set and it flashed into life, bringing up Caesar Flickerman's head and a whole featured show all about me. Oh look I'm fucking famous now.

Yay.

I can't think or say anything without sounding vile or without saying it with so much venom. I guess the Games change people and I have to live with the result.

A knock on the door startles me but I get up and answer it anyway.

"Are you ready?" Blight asks, rubbing a hand down his arm in an awkward manner.

I nod and follow him out. I feel the train come to a halt, nearly throwing me off my feet but Blight catches me before I face palm the ground.

"Thanks!" I say.

"No problem, you idiot."

I punch his rock hard arm and we chuckle in unison.

Any air of awkwardness between us disappears and we become the annoying duo once again. Taking the piss out of just about everything.

"Is Una meeting us there?" I ask, sorting out my dress.

"Yeah." Blight stifles his chuckles.

"Fucking brilliant!"

"Shut up and get in the car!" Blight laughs, pushing me out of the door and into a posh looking car.

After a few minutes drive, I once again get pushed out the door and into a huge studio in the Capitol.

"Good luck Sunshine!" Blight brushes a kiss on the top of my head and an avox takes his place.

After a few minutes I get thrown onto the stage and I look like a deer caught in headlights.

Crap.

The interview whizzes past pretty quickly, just the usual questions. I keep my emotions under lock and key though and answer very mono-toned and I heighten my swearing as and when I can. Which earns many gasps from everyone and I can literally hear Blight's smirk.

I catch his eye in the audience and I see Una next to him, pretty close next to him. I brush it off and look at her very pale face.

"Oh and Caesar, by the way, how fucking lovely is my freaking gorgeous escort Una?" I say as straight-faced as possible.

I can literally smell the disappointment from Una.

"Well it is the time to bring out the one and only President Snow!" Caesar says, clapping to me and his audience. They clap back at him enthusiastically, idiots.

The snake freak of a President crawls out and holds a jewel encrusted crown in his hand. I shiver thinking about him touching me.

Not in that way you dirty people.

"Well done Johanna. It's with deep regret it's you I'm putting this crown on, but my people I call gamemakers did nothing to wipe you out." Snow whispers in my ear, messing with my perfect hair.

"Don't fucking touch the hair Snow." I reply seething.

He raises an eyebrow before walking off.

Caesar and I talk for a little longer before I get taken off stage and thrown from person to person.

"I'm not a fucking rag doll, stop it!" I exclaim, leaving Blight to smirk but grabbing my wrist to direct me down some corridors filled with coils of wires and unnamed boxes.

We finally reach a room with the label JOHANNA MASON taped to it. Blight shoves me through the door and closes it behind him.

We sit on the settee, a seat between us. Blight flicks on the television and we both tune in instantly. It's another feature of me showing my games. We watch and I laugh at my expressions and how I acted. It was like I was high for the whole games.

But then the screen changes to my first kill.

My panic levels begin to slowly increase as does my heart rate. I swear you could hear it thumping.

Thump, thump, thump.

Screaming, I throw my hands up to my ears, letting the scream come from within.

Two hands grab my shoulders but I flinch and knock them off, screaming and rocking.

They're going to get me. Get me and kill me.

As I scream about my own pain, Corrin and my mother enter my head and I realise I hurt them more than I hurt myself. I'm here. They aren't.

I scream and scream. I cry and cry. I rock and rock.

Thinking about all my demons I have to face and the holes in my chest from the absence of my loved ones.