Chapter 10- These people are weird

My alarm jarred me out of sleep and I groggily reached for it to make the blaring stop. I still hadn't decided whether or not I should go to the meeting, but then I thought, what's the harm in going to one meeting? If I don't like it there or if there's a schedule problem ill just politely decline the offer. Simple. I got ready quickly, then waited patiently for my friends to meet up with me at the base of the of the girls' dormitory. After we were all out and walking to the main school building all the others could talk about were, what I had decided. I told them what I was going to do and all three agreed that I had made the right choice. Finn met up with us at the school, he too thought I had made the right choice. As the hours passed I grew more confident with my decision. Classes were flying by as I was anticipating the end of the day. Finally, advanced biomedical sciences, my last class, had come and gone. Thought I still had two and a half hours until the meeting. The others met me outside debating what they were going to do for the rest of the day. I followed Angelina, Maddie, and Mackenzie back to the girls' dormitory quietly. When I got to the room it was around 2:45 PM, Cora was still lying peacefully in bed. I threw my bookbag on the floor and dropped onto my bed, I had already texted Louis my decision on the way up to the room. There was nothing left to do now except wait and wonder what the hell I was doing. At around 3:30 PM an alarm suddenly came on and I fell off my bed as it startled me awake. It was Cora's alarm, I had almost forgotten that she too was on the guard. She hit the alarm hard to get it to stop and I giggled at her disgracefulness. She groggily looked out the bay window, where yellow light still poured in with the sun still high in the sky. She moaned with laziness and slowly got up from her bed. "Good afternoon." I said quietly.

"Hello Emily," she yawned "what are you doing here?" she said as she walked to the bathroom

"I live here." I said jokingly

"Well, duh," she said from the bathroom, "I just thought you would be out with your friends right now or something."

"I thought you'd known already." I said a little confused

"Known what?" she said as she splashed water in her face

"That I was going to attended the guard meeting today." I said innocently, Cora stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me with confusion in her eyes.

"You are?" she said surprised

"Yes, Louis invited me"

"You've only been here a day." She was fully awake now

"Yeah, but he thought I should join."

"Why?" she said genuinely curious. I explained to her about what had happened the first day of school and she still didn't seem to understand Louis's reasoning, but she'd accepted it.

"So, how is being on the guard anyway?" I asked breaking the silence, as we made our way outside the dormitories and sat on the steps, waiting for Louis.

"Well, for one thing, its tiring." She said pointing to the time on her watch, "I should still be sleeping at this hour, I only got to bed at 6 this morning" she said dramatically, I giggled. I saw a figure coming down the path. I felt my pulse begin to pick up, and as if he could hear it, I looked up and saw a brilliant smile light up on Louis's face. Cora and I got up with and met up him in the middle of the path. His brilliant, diamond eyes were on me.

"You ready to go?" he asked sincerely

"We've been waiting on you, slow poke" Cora said jokingly

"Okay then let's go." He and Cora led the way quietly discussing why he was willing to let me join after barely meeting me. I could hear very little of their conversation because they spoke so quietly. After a short while we approached the main school building.

"The meeting is being held here?" I asked a little surprised

"yeah, what did you expect?" Cora asked lightly

"I don't know, maybe a super-secret treehouse/hideout in the woods or something."

"yeah," Louis said smiling, "sorry, that one's undergoing renovations right now so we have to hold the meetings here for now." He said as he tried to hold in laughter now. I could feel my face became flush, with either humiliation or annoyance, or both. I followed the two into the school and down a few corridors until we reached a classroom like any other. Except this time the room was mostly empty. Though it looked like we were the last to arrive, there were only four others in the room. A girl with short platinum blond hair, a relatively small frame, fair skin, and eyes that seemed to be covered with a milky film. There were also three guys there. One who had a large build, dirty-blond hair, and musk I could literally smell from across the room. One of the other people in the room, resembled more of a boy than a man, he was small but he looked experienced somehow, and he had short dark brown hair. The last person in the room was an average sized man, who had black hair like Louis's but his was half- shaved -half sideswiped style, he was also wearing a black hoodie over his uniform and the hood was stretched over his head so I couldn't make out his features very clearly. These four were all spread out around the empty room. The girl was sitting quietly at one of the seats. The small boy was sitting on top of one of the tables where students would normally place their papers. The big guy was sitting on one of the wide rows of steps that cuts up the room to allow students access to their seats. And the dark- haired guy was leaning against one of the thin pieces of wall that separates the massive windows that stretch along one of the rooms' sides. They were also all staring at, me.

The large guy stood up and started towards me, "Hey there hot stuff, the names' Hunter. What's yours?" As he got closer I could see his pale green eyes and his musk overtook the space around me to the point where I could hardly breath, he didn't smell bad, his odor was just very intense.

"Down boy." I teased, I could hear Louis chuckle beside me. Hunter didn't seem to like that, "My name is Emily Fryer, and I'd appreciate it if you'd fuck off when you've only just met me." I said lightly

The guy in the corner spoke up, "Oh, well aren't you a feisty one." He pushed off the wall and slowly made his way down the room, "My name is Lucien, it's a pleasure to meet you day-timer'." As he approached I could see his features more clearly, his skin was clear, his jawline was strong, and his eyes were almost a violet color.

My gaze shifted to the boy who sat atop the desk as he spoke cheerfully, "Hey there! I'm Aiden" an adorable smile spread across his face, "It's nice to meet you." His eyes were a burning amber color.

I then looked at the girl who sat patiently, her voice was soft and quiet, "Hi, my name is Ariana, it's nice to meet you."

Louis grabbed my hand and pulled me to the teacher's desk "Well, now that introductions are out of the way let's get to business. I only called this meeting today to welcome our potential new member." Louis looked at me his icy eyes piercing, "Before you make your decision on joining, I want you to experience patrolling with each of us." He then turned back to the group, "So, we will patrol as usual however Emily will patrol with Lucian and Hunter for today. Partner up however you want from there." I felt a ping of disappointment, because I was anticipating patrolling with Louis today. I guess this was his way of forcing me to 'experience patrolling with each of them'. I will, most likely, only get to patrol with him after I've patrolled with the others first to force me to stay until he feels I've been convinced to join, Smart. As he left the room with Cora to patrol, we locked eyes and I saw a wicked smirk spread across his face, he knew I had figured him out.