Chapter 13- I'm going insane!

Authors Note: Hey guys! I hope your enjoying the story so far! Don't forget to VOTE, SHARE, and COMMENT any theories you have on the story!Thank you😝!***********************************************************************************************

As the night went on I could feel exhaustion begin to encompass my body. Finally, after a few more hours of patrolling it was time for me to get some rest. Cora and I began to walk back to the room together and I found this to be a perfect opportunity to have some questions answered. "So," I began casually, "Anything interesting happen while you were patrolling today?"

She glanced at me before answering, "No, nothing much happened," she paused and thought, "Well we found some kids vaping behind one of the dormitories but other than that nothing too exciting. You?" she asked nonchalantly.

I shrugged trying to hide my intention, "Yeah, one thing happened."

She looked at me sideways, "What happened?"

"There was a girl, Sarah I think, her name was, she was climbing the gate that surrounds the boy's dormitory," I paused and looked at Cora's glaring eyes.

"That girl," she hissed, "Is always pulling dangerous bullshit to have one of the boys save her ass." In the short time I had known Cora, I had never seen her with such hatred filled features. "She should have been expelled by now." She said angrily

"Well she 'slipped and fell' after she realized we were there. However, the most intriguing part of the event was not her falling to her doom, but the fact that she didn't." I looked over at Cora who was now wearing a hard, emotionless mask.

"What are you trying to say?" she said quietly

"It was just strange to me how the two boys were physically able to save her, given the distance between us and her helpless, falling body."

Core looked at me then, her once kind blue eyes so dark they were almost black, "Why do you think that you were chosen to be on the guard? You, the first day class student to ever be considered for a position on the guard." She said after a long pause. I hadn't really thought of that.

I looked into her now black irises and shrugged, "I don't know."

"I don't know either," she shrugged her eyes shifted back to their original blue color, "Though obviously you were different in some way."

What the Hell was that! I thought, we entered our room and Cora immediately hit the shower. I decided to text Ella, it's been to long since I last messaged her.

Me: Hey! It has been some time since we talked, anything interesting happen?

Ella:  Well hello stranger haven't heard from you in a while!

Me: It has only been 24 hours😂

Ella:  I know but still I miss you!❤️

Me:🙄

Ella: You know who else misses you

Ella: Brett

Me: really?😓

Ella: yeah, he will not stop talking about you! But I bet you've already found someone new

Me:  Not really

Ella: *sigh* Who is it?

Me: Really it's no one

Ella: you best tell me now girl

Me: fine

Me: His name is Louis

Me:  but I don't even know if he likes me, and he's WAY out of my league

Ella: Honey, no one is out of your league😘

Me: 🙄

Ella: I have to go, talk later?

Me: sure!

I sighed and laid on the bed. I didn't know what to think anymore, my brain started combing through the strange events that had happened in the past few days.

The first time I met louis he literally popped out of nowhere. He was calculated, quiet, and constantly toying with my emotions, I thought.

He also beat me in the obstacle course which should have been imposable!

Then there's Lucian, his eyes were strange to say the least and either he moved with almost inhuman speed to catch Sarah or he teleported, I mentally rolled my eyes at how ridicules I sounded.

Though Hunter did the same thing, I thought.

And what about Cora, her eyes changed color! I swear I am going insane!

My thoughts became rushed, what did she mean when she said that I was 'different in some way'? Did she mean that everyone on the guard was 'different'? It makes sense. I haven't patrolled with all of them yet but they all seem, strange, a shiver ran down my spine as I thought.

You're going insane! I thought again. There is no way, what do you even think they are mutants? I mentally laughed a myself, this is ridiculous, I'm just imagining things. There's probably a perfectly logical explanation to all the crazy stuff that has been happening. My mind is probably playing tricks on me. Its probably just the stress of adjusting to a new place. Yeah! Its stress! My thoughts were frantic and borderline crazy. However, they calmed after I convinced myself that it was just stress. As I slowly found sleep something inside me knew that I was lying to myself.