Chapter 27- Hunting Blood

The setting sun had painted the sky shades of red and orange. Each hue being more breathtaking than the last as my fresh eyes took in their burning intensity. A red beam, refracted by the surrounding moisture of the air, had shot up into the sky, illuminating and coloring it with a sort of passion. Surrounding the beam was an orange mist that faded the into blue as it integrated with the heavens. My cheeks were almost as bright red as the sky now was, as the light breeze drifted through the thin cloth that had me covered the issue of my nudity became apparent. New smells filled my heightened nose as the breeze brushed past my supple skin. I smelt the soft grass that my bare feet hit, the faint smell of chlorine mixed with the water of the massive fountain at the front of the school, the nose wrinkling smell of reheated pizza from one of the dormitory rooms. A plethora of much more pleasant smells hit me as I focused a bit more. Each person in the building, supernatural or otherwise, had a unique and faint smell. Like a perfume that gets carried around with them, leaving a light trail as they saunter around the building. One stood out from all the others, a much stronger and most pleasant as it was just feet in front of me. Louis's intoxicating sent made my mouth water while my stomach deepened and churned with ache and yearning to have his lavender, jasmine, and nutmeg sent encase me in its loveliness. I wanted to drown within it for an eternity. My stomach burned as well as my throat while I thought about running my fingers through his thick black hair, stirring the wonderous scent from its slumbered state around him. His head quickly snapped in my direction and he inhaled the air deeply through flared nostril's. His eyes tightened into frightening slits and a small hiss escaped his lips causing my heart to flutter to life once again.

"Please, calm yourself." He said through clenched teeth.

"What do you mean?" I played dumb.

"I can smell your arousal and desire from here and it's driving me crazy." He said with a bit of struggle to control himself.

I blushed a deep red, "I-I'm-" I stuttered before he cut me off.

Suddenly he was in front of me, a gentle hand placed upon my cheek, "I know this is a hard time, you're probably overwhelmed by emotion and overstimulated senses, we will hunt first then meet with the others," he chuckled lightly, "but you have to promise to exercise some control so that I may maintain mine and not take you right here and now."

My heart almost stopped again as the words left his lips and impure thoughts filled my head, I inhaled deeply trying to regain control though his scent was driving me absolutely crazy. I nodded wordlessly as we approached the girl's dormitory. I swallowed hard when the burning in my soul intensified, its flam slowly melting my insides. I whimpered as the delectable scents from inside the building rushed out with the opening of the door. The warmth of bodies rushed around me, and the muffled thumps of hundreds of sleeping hearts filled my ears. Louis stopped me from entering, saying that I 'could lose control in my fragile state' and that 'it would be best for me to stay outside.' I rolled my eyes not believing him yet agreeing to stay outside while he broke the rules yet again and entered my room to fetch me some clothing. I sat patiently on the steps at the dormitory's entrance, humming a familiar tune to myself. A shadow brushed past my sharp peripheral vision and jarred me from my thoughts. I strained to listen, there were no breaths and no steady pulse of a heart. Though I could barely focus with the burning in my gut and the teasing thumps and scents from inside the dormitory. I shook my head in an attempt to refocus my thoughts. My head turned sharply, and my body twisted elegantly so I was facing where my back had been turned to prior. My hand shot out and grasped a neck tightly, lifting slightly so that the person was defenseless. His hands did not grasp to remove mine from his neck and he did not straggle to gain freedom, he only chuckled deeply. He smelled of roses and cinnamon.

"You're doing well I see." His voice was deep and throaty while he struggled to gain air for his vocal cords to use for sound.

I immediately recognized the voice and released my hold on him, jumping back as I did so, "Oh, I'm so sorry Kai." I said, slightly ashamed.