Chapter 17

Sophia POV
I sit with my back against the cold bars of my cage. He just left me, I can't believe it. Every second that passes feels like an hour but I take the time to ponder ways to escape this place. I obviously can't get out of this dangling cage without assistance or, off of any surface in this place. A jump would kill me and Drake has made certain that there is no other way to get down. I sigh and sink down onto my back. Drake, even if I did escape an managed to make it to my family he would just come and find me. So where else did I have to go? Every family castle was mapped and I've never been outside our kingdom besides on this escapade. Suddenly I hear the sharp click of a door handle turning. I sit up and watch a tired looking drake walk into the room.

"Hello beautiful."

I say nothing in return. He locked me in a birdcage for crying out loud.

"Hey, aren't you going to say hello to me?"

I fold my arms and turn my back to him. A sharp shake of the cage sends me to my stomach and I feel Drakes fingers pinch around my ankle pulling me out of the cage.

"You may think that because I love you, I won't be worried to punish you but that is not the case." He growls.

I dangle in front of his face as he roughly carries me over to the bed. Will this nightmare never end? I gain some trust in him then he does something like this and its back to me as the pet and him as my master.

He flops down on the bed dropping me onto his chest. I collapse in a little pile and he pokes me with his gigantic finger. I don't move. He tugs at my dress and I still don't move until he finally pinches my waist between his thumb and pointer finger and dangles me above his open mouth. I scream and begin to thrash about in his tight hold. He chuckles and sets me back down on his chest.

"Don't ignore me Sophia or I won't hesitate next time."

I nod my head and he begins to pet me.

"So how is your day so far?" I ask meekly.

"It's alright now that I'm back with you."

I give a week smile and lean into his touch. Giant jerk or not his touch is still sort of comforting. He caresses my face for a moment.

"You are so beautiful when you smile, I wish you would do it more."

Oh how I want to say something in reply but I know any answer I give would anger him. Why do I have to be so small and, and helpless!

Drake POV

I can tell that she has something on her mind. How, I don't know but I know she has something she wants to say. I wait for some sort of snarky reply but get none. What a pleasant surprise. I run my finger down her side pausing at her waist as I feel her shiver. Odd, she hasn't been like this for a while. She can't be scared, or can she. I did lock her in a bird cage earlier.

"Sophia?"

"Mhm"

"Are you mad at me for locking you in a cage?"

She looks up at me with fire in her eyes.