Chapter Fourteen Never Stop

Warrior- Beth Crowley

   Archer had his arm hooked with mine as we walked. Somehow, he convinced Dallas to let us go out for a walk. I don't know how he did it, but I am glad he did. Dallas wouldn't let me leave that awful, small apartment. Okay, it's not bad or small. I just don't want to be there. I mean, if you were forced to live with a killer, would you want to live there? No, unless you're a killer too.

     It was dark out. I was confused as to why Dallas let Archer take me out when it was night because that's not like Dallas. Something's up with him. Maybe after that night, he's changed. I don't know. At least he stopped asking about why I was missing and who took me. I don't want to go back there even if I do every night when I sleep. I can't go back there in the day too. The day is my peace. My light.

     As we turned a corner, I subtly glanced to the left, seeing a hooded figure go into an alleyway. For some reason, it reminds me of Roscoe. I feel bad, but I need to get away from Archer. If I want to do this- and I do- I don't want Archer to know. He'd either stop me or just tell Dallas about it, and he'd definitely stop me. He's been driving me crazy. "Hey, can we go to the cafe for a bit?" I ask, and he gives me a look.

     "I just want a drink. My throat's dry." I complain. Scarlets Cafe was up ahead, so it would be easy to get to the ring from there.

     "Fine," Archer says, opening the door for me. I smile (even though I wouldn't say I liked it when guys opened doors for me) and walk in as he goes to a booth, but I keep standing.

     "If the waiter comes before I'm back, order me a mocha cafe." I say and head to the bathroom. I peek open the door looking at Archer. He stares down at the menu and looks around before looking back at the menu. He looks lonely. I'm sorry, Archer. I close the door, open the window and jump out before closing it again. I was in an alleyway, so I ran out of it and to the entrance of the building. It's unlocked. Good.

     I grab my hood, and my hand wrap, along with a white tank top and black sweatpants. I hope my wounds don't give me trouble today. Even if it's only been a week since I was shot. I sigh. I really need to see my dad. Shaking the thought away, I put my tank top on and then my hood over it, sliding on my sweatpants over the pants I'm already wearing. I was really just too lazy to take them off.

     I ran outside, and I ran to the spot the fights were gonna take place. It was kind of far from here, so I have a long way to go. I hide my face when I pass Archer's seat in the window, and I keep running, ignoring all pain I'm getting. If I'm gonna fight, I must learn to ignore the pain. I have to learn how to do that. So this is how I'm gonna learn. I'm gonna push through the pain. Get used to it so when it comes again, it's like it's not really there.

     I get to the alleyway and start walking, ensuring my hood is up and ready. I spot Roscoe off to the side, away from everyone, and go to him. When he spots me, he grabs my shoulders and pulls me further away. "Where have you been?" He asks. "You haven't been at your last few practices, and no one has heard a thing about you."

     "My father needed me." I blurt out the first thing I could think of. "Everything is fine now. I'm fine. I'm ready to fight." I begin to wrap my hands.

     "Are you sure?" He asks. "Maybe you should go home."

     "Roscoe, please don't make me leave," I beg. I don't know why I'm begging. I never beg. "I need this. I'll be alright." Roscoe studies me for a few seconds before nodding his head. "Thank you."

     "Just be safe." He says as I nod and look around. There were a lot of people here, and I'm glad we were off to the side because it would all be worse if we were in the middle of that. I hate being in a crowd. It's awful. There are too many people and blah. My eyes roam to my right and stop when they meet hazel ones. So that's what he's up to. That's why he let Archer take me out. Why is he here? Does he fight too?