Chapter Sixty Clean It Up

Yours- Russel Dickerson

    "You okay?" He asked, and I nodded again without looking at him. "You're gonna have to go upstairs with me... all my stuff is up there."

     "Okay," I spoke in a hushed voice forcing myself not to look up at him. It would just be a stupid thing to do and it would be pathetic of me to do. So I wasn't going to look at him. No matter what. He started walking, and my legs felt limp for some reason, making it hard for me to move them and keep up with him. It's probably from me not walking for so long. My legs just felt weird, strange, and numb.

     "Okay." He sighed as he stops walking. "Ryder, can we both just make this easier? Can I carry you?" I hesitated.

     "What? No-"

     "Great." He interrupted, turning me and picking me up. I keep my mouth shut as he opens the door and closes it behind us. He carries me upstairs and into a living room before setting me down on the ground and taking my arms from around his neck. "I'll be right back with everything." He says, walking into another room, a kitchen, I think? I look around before my eyes stop on something a few feet away from me. It was a pool of blood.

     I couldn't tear my eyes away from it. He set me down next to it just a pool of blood. Did he expect me to be okay? Did he expect me to just deal with it? How did he expect me to react? What does he expect me to do? Ignore it? Pretend it's not there? But it is there, and I can't ignore it. Who's blood, is it? Is it Blake's? It couldn't be Jay's blood. Whoever lost this much blood has to be dead. It was so much. I have to get out of here. I can't just sit here and do nothing, so why am I? He could be back any second, and I'm sitting here staring at a pool of blood. The blood is most likely not going anywhere, but I could be.

     I push myself away from the blood and sit back on my heels when I hear footsteps coming. He's back, and you wasted time staring at a pool of blood. But whose blood is it? "Ryder." Jay says, but I didn't want to look at him, so I kept staring at the blood. I really couldn't look away, so many questions were running through my head. What the hell was I supposed to do? He could have brought me up here to kill me too. Yeah, he said he wasn't going to kill me, but that doesn't mean anything. He could be lying. Killers lie all the time. They play with their victims. He could just be playing with me.

     "Ryder!" He snapped louder as he grabbed my face, pulling it away from the sight of blood, and making me look at him. "Don't look at that. Just look at something else." He sighed as he kept staring at me, seeing the fear in my eyes. "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. Well, I'm going to clean your back, and that may hurt you, but it's with good intentions, I promise. Now, tell me you won't look at the blood."

     "I won't look at it." I whispered, but he kept holding my face, making me keep looking at him. Something I didn't really want to do. His face was bruised and swollen now, and he kept a black eye closed. There was something in his eyes, and I couldn't tell what it was for some reason. All the emotions went through my head, and none of them fit what was in his eyes. It kind of bothered me, and that was really new. Something about Jay bothering me. Well, Jay being Jay bothers me. Jay torturing me bothers me. Jay, this close to me bothers me, but I couldn't do anything about it. I won't get out of here.

     "Good," Jay said finally, nodding and moving back. "Now, I need you to take off your shirt." I looked down at my dirty ripped shirt. It wasn't really a shirt anymore, maybe a vest, but it still covers me when I hold it and now he wants me to take my shirt off? That's something I want to avoid. I didn't want to do it. Especially when he's staring at me the way he was now.

     "I-I'm not going to take off my shirt." I said, shaking my head and wrapping my arms around myself. He tilts his head and gives me a look as I shift away from him.