Chapter Eight

Egypt woke up with a splitting headache but that seemed to ease significantly when his eyes opened to Joshua's peacefully sleeping face. Almost like déjà vu Joshua's hair was across his closed eyelids and his face squashed against his pillow and lips slightly parted as he breathed evenly.

Egypt just stared trying to remember how he ended up on the same bed as Joshua again. Just like the last time Egypt couldn't help himself as he brushed Joshua's hair to the side and those eyes pinned him to the spot, fingers still tangled in Joshua's hair.

"Good morning." Egypt rasped and winced when his head throbbed. Really, his brain felt as if it was shaken by a master drink mixer.

"Morning." Joshua replied gruffly. Egypt turned onto his back and looked up at the ceiling gathering some strength to get up. Then everything hit him at once. Oh Gawd! Joshua caught me jacking off! He thought as he blushed hard and glanced quickly at Joshua.

"Don't worry about it. It's a natural thing for a guy to do." Joshua said and Egypt went nuclear spluttering that he had voiced his thought out loud. He winced when that pain behind his eyeballs throbbed again.

Joshua stretched to his bedside table. "Here." Joshua helped him up and gave him two pills and a glass of water. "For the headache." Joshua said and Egypt smiled gratefully as he threw them back. Still blushing though.

"Thanks." Egypt said and Joshua just nodded.

"Stay in bed." Joshua said quickly when Egypt tried to stand. "I'll see about breakfast today. That hangover will kick your ass for a while." Joshua cracked a sympathetic smile and Egypt frowned.

"Please?" Joshua beseeched when Egypt didn't budge. If it's one thing Joshua knew-it was hangovers and by the amount he saw Egypt drink the night before the poor boy was in for it.

"Fine." Egypt muttered and got back under the covers and let sleep take him-never mind he was still in Joshua's bed with the scent of Old Spice surrounding him.

When Egypt awoke again it was to Joshua's gentle shaking and voice telling him that he had to eat something and he did try for Joshua's sake. He looked too worried for Egypt's liking and Egypt cursed himself for being so reckless with alcohol the night before. Egypt almost never drank but those margaritas tasted too good so he had about seven before he even got onto the dance floor and it was all because he needed to forget that Joshua caught him jacking off.

Shit, an image of Joshua dancing with him ran across this eyelids and Egypt felt a burst of butterflies in his tummy. That was the last thing he remembered of their night out. Egypt cursed and shuffled to the bathroom to do his business and then got a clean change of clothes. When he got out he was startled by Joshua and let out a little squeak.

"Oh you're up." Joshua stated and Egypt mumbled a response even he couldn't hear.

"I was just checking on you. Um, Mason has me working the store since we don't have much to do today so you can relax." Joshua informed Egypt and the boy's eyes widened as he now remembered his job.

"Shit!" Egypt cursed and Joshua gave him a slight tilt of his lips.

"You can make us lunch if you want to do anything." Joshua shrugged his shoulders and Egypt gave an enthusiastic nod-it's the least he could do on his unofficial day off.

"Um, Joshua?" Egypt called to Joshua before he went out the door and Joshua stopped midstride. "How did I end up in your bed again?" Egypt asked the dreaded question.

Egypt watched as a flurry of expressions crossed Joshua's face before he made a face of resolve. "I put you in your room but about half an hour later you came to mine and told me you wanted to keep me company because being in jail must have been really lonely." Egypt's face heated up and he cursed himself internally. This was why he stayed away from the devil's juice; Egypt could never control his tongue far less for when he had alcohol.