Chapter Twenty-Eight

Egypt did see a therapist, Dr. Ben Duncan and with the man's help he got his life in order. Slowly but surely he improved his grades in school until he was in the top three in all his classes. He aced his assignments and the next four years of his life he dedicated to becoming the best version of himself.

After graduation he didn't know what to do with himself so he moved back into Joshua's apartment and worked for Mason and played gigs here and there for another year until Blu Day the famous country singer rolled into town and hosted a secret talent search for his new label.

Egypt did get some buzz on social media so probably that was how Blu found him performing at the same blues pub Joshua took him to on their first date and as it went-the rest was history. Egypt was offered a recording deal worth over three million dollars and he spent the following six months recording his first album.

Mason and Bethany was still going strong having moved in together two years after they started dating and were both over the moon with pride but they all knew one thing was still missing.

Joshua.

Up to that day there was no news about Joshua's whereabouts and they've all learned to live with the loss and cope when the emotions tried to imprison them.

---

"You have everything right?" Bethany was being her usual mother hen self as she helped Egypt to toss his last bag in the backseat of his car. He still drove the car Joshua gave him and had zero intentions of trading it in. Ever.

"Yes, mother." Egypt drawled and hugged her when she scowled at him.

Egypt looked at his best friend-his sister- and smiled widely at how she glowed. Pregnancy did that to women he'd read but Bethany embodied the saying. That was her and Mason's first child and she was only five months along.

"I'll miss you, baby boo." Bethany hugged him even tighter and feared she'd squish the baby in her belly so he gently pushed her back.

"I'll miss you too, Beth." He grinned and pecked her cheek.

"What about me?" Mason piped up and Egypt chuckled.

"What about you? You knocked up my best friend." Egypt fake scowled at Mason.

"And boy did I enjoy it." Mason smirked. Egypt faked a gag and laughed when Mason wrapped him up in a hug.

"I'll miss you too, squirt." Mason breathed and Egypt smiled.

"Me too, idiot." They hugged for a while more before Egypt was sure he'd arrive at his destination fashionably late.

Egypt honked twice and drove off and in the direction of Blu's summer home two towns over much to Egypt's delight. Brentwood was a big town-almost a city-and they would be releasing Egypt's first song from there.

Everything was planned to a T. The song would be released on YouTube and to radio stations across the state in three days and then Egypt would start touring with Blu for the next three months.

When Egypt arrived at Blu's summer house he was settled into a room quickly and then it was go time. No time for play. No time for rest.

The day before they left Brentwood to begin touring Blu threw a small dinner party and Egypt made sure to have a good time. He sang and drank and danced.

He watched as everybody paired off for the night and then he went to his room alone. Egypt did his ritual to text Mason and Bethany in their group chat and got under the sheets. He didn't sleep a wink but he felt well rested in way that he hadn't in a while. He was content with what he had even though he terribly missed the one thing he didn't have. The one man he wished was at his side.