part 1.

A.N.
~Hey, welcome to my book... I'm sorry if it's crap or boring, I don't know... just wanted to write about mafia and stuff for a while now so I did... any tips or comments on my writing or on the story are extremely appreciated! Thanks for reading, enjoy!~

When I was 2 years old, I witnessed a murder for the first time. I remember it as if it happened yesterday.

I walked into my dads office, while he told me not to, but I was a stubborn little kid back then, so I didn't listen.

When I opened the door and quietly sneaked in, no one noticed, cause their eyes were fixed on the man that was held against the wall by one of the men in black suits who worked for my dad.

I walked towards my dad, who stood in front of the man, with his hands in his pockets and his head slightly shifted to the right.

"If you don't talk, we won't need you anyway, do we?" He said in a stern voice to the man, as he pulled out a gun and shot him, right between his eyebrows.

As he fell on the ground, I screamed. What cought my dads attention and made him run at me, pick me up and bring me to my room, where he told me to stay for a while.

After that my father was furious with me cause I didn't listen to him, but from then on I learned not to be such a little stubborn cunt, and listen to my papa when he tells me not to go in somewhere.

People read books or watch movies about the mafia all the time, but people who make such stories up, they don't know what it's really like.

"Dominic," Dante said. "Papa wants you in his office."

"What for?"

"I don't know, he just told me to get you."

"And you didn't ask him why?"

"I mean... it's not like it's any of my buisness." He said.

I scoffed and started walking downstairs to the door placed on the oppisit side of the front door.

I knocked on the door with three gentle knocks.

"Come in" I heard from the other side of the door.

When I opened the door, my papa was sitting at his desk. He was wearing a white button-up shirt that was tugged into his suitpants which were held up by some braces and his suits coats hanging over his chair.

"you asked for me?" I asked.

"Yes, sit down." He answered, pointing at the seat across his desk.

As I walked over to the seat, he started talking.

"Leo is sick, so i need you to work at the restaurant tomorrow because I have a important meeting there, and I can't be short in staff then."

Our family runs an Italian restaurant, the food is great, but it's mostly in use for money laundering and to have business meetings.

"Sure, what time you want me there?"

"Be there at 5, also, can you keep an eye on the new guy? I don't fully trust him yet, what's his name again? Armando, right? Anyway, make sure he doesn't walk in on us."

"Sure."

"Thank you, that will be it."

I walked out the door, put on my jean jacket and went outside.
The sun was going under but it was still really warm, the air felt dry and our front yard had a orange/red glow from the weak sun that shone on it.

I took a pack of cigarettes from my pocket, took one out, lit it and put it in my mouth.

The front yard was big, most of it was used up by my families cars and my motorcycle wich were placed directly next to the gate so if you wanted to drive out, you wouldn't have to drive trough the entire front yard.

The rest of the yard was mosly tiles, potted plants and a little fountain with a statue of an angel placed in the middle.

I smoked up my sigarette and went inside to see that diner was ready.

My mom is the best cook in the world, she made risotto and the entire house smelled delicious.

"Dinner is ready" my mom yelled from the bottom of the staircase in Italian.

My papa came out of his office and took place on the head of the table.

I sat on his left side, my mother on his right, my little sister on her right and my older sister sat next to me.
Next Dante came downstairs, walked over to papa, whispered something in his ear, my father responded with a nodd and then Dante sat down on the oppisit side of the table from my father and we ate.

The next day I arrived at the restaurant at 5 like I was told to do.

It looked like a small and cozy place, it was located on the corner of a buissy street.

In front of the place, there were a few little tables where you could sit. Above the door there was a sign that said "Giovani's" which was the name of the restaurant and of my father.

I went inside but after I changed into my working uniform, I went outside again and took place on one of the little tables and lit up a sigarette.

My working uniform consisted out of a pair of trousers with an apron hanging in front of it, a white button-up shirt and a bowtie.

After a little while of sitting outside and smoking my sigarette, a few fancy cars parked right in front of the restaurant. Out came a total of 5 businessmen and walked past me into the restaurant.

I decided that that was the que that my shift had begon, so I walked after them inside and apperantly I was right because after they checked in, they walked over to the table my father always held free for his business meetings.

The restaurant was crowdy and almost every table was full. The moment I walked in, I was immediately put to work. It was buisier than normal and I could barely get a moment of rest.

I didn't on purpose listen, but sometimes when I walked close to their table, I overheard some of my fathers conversation. They were talking in Italian and from the little fragments I heard, I got that they wanted someone dead, someone that was hard to reach and that was blackmailing some of the other men.

When I got back in the kitchen, I got send out again to serve the food to my fathers table, it wasn't much, a cup of soup, some spaghetti, some more pasta and a basket of breadsticks.

When I put all the food on the table, my father gestured to come over to him, so I did. He whispered something in my ear.

"Call your brother and tell him to get here, I need him for business."

"Why? What is it? Can't I help?" I whispered back.

"No! You're a kid. Now go and call Dante."

I left and walked over to the phone in the office.

I hated how everyone always kept me in the dark about everything. If I'd ask about something that I'm not allowed to know, they'll shout at me, even if it's just out of curiosity. And if my father found out that I overheard some of this conversation, he'd probably kill me.

I called to our house, my mother picked up the phone and I told her to send Dante over here.

It took a while for him to get here, but when he arrived, I walked over to him to give him a hug and send him to our fathers table, but instead of a hug, he grabbed me, put my head between his arm and stomach and started rubbing his knuckles over my head in a childish way.

It caught a lot of attention and apparently also that from papa, cause he was walking towards us in a angry way, so Dante let go of me and I quickly went back to the kitchen to help there, but on the way there I heard papa swear angrily at Dante for being so childish while he was here for a serious meeting.

I felt kind of bad for leaving him behind, but then, Dante has been the reason of my father bursting out in anger at me so many times.

At 9 o clock, everyone was finally gone and the meeting was over, so I could go home, when I got home I was so tired, I immediately went upstairs, didn't change clothes, just layed down on my bed and felt asleep the moment my body hit the bed.

~ I hoped you liked the first part of my new book :D . If you did, please vote or leave a comment, if you didnt please send a message on what I could change or do better and I will try to do better. Thanks for reading! <3 ~