part 8

ever since I was a little boy, the people around me always tough me that if you promise something and don't come true to it, you won't be taken serious anymore. So if you promise to end someones life, no matter who they are, you have to do it, otherwise people won't take your treads serious anymore and you can say goodbye to everything you have build or what your family built and Nino knew this, so no matter who they are, who's side they are on, or which consequences will come with it, he had to kill Paulo. Just what he didn't think of and what got Fabio so upset with him was, that Paulo's family had close connections to the Martelli family and that killing Paulo would have great consequences.

I heard all of this later on from my aunt, because Fabio was so angry with Nino that he was shouting at him for hours after Fabio went upstairs as well.

"The Martelli family is next to our family, one of the biggest families in this business and this might turn into something way bigger if we don't play it well. They are unpredictable and can't be trusted." she told me. I could hear her concerns in the way she talked.

I sighted. "What are we gonna do?"

"You shouldn't ask me that, but ask Fabio when he calms down a little he'll figure something out. Don't worry."

I sat down on the couch, hands on the back of my neck and my head bent forward.

Time seemed to move slower. The one word that everyone had on their mind but no one said out loud, it bounced around in our heads. "War" if we didn't play it well, this would turn into a war. of course, if we were lucky it would just be a head for a head, but by the way everyone acted, it didn't seem like it would be that easy.

When Fabio came back downstairs, without Nino, he explained to me that me and Luna might have to go back home because it was dangerous now. He said that they could come and attack anyone who had a close attachment to this family and I had to watch our backs carefully.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked him.

"Whatever I have to, if it comes down to it I'll kill them all to protect my people. But first we'll lay low for a while and see if this will fly over, but I don't think so, since they have been looking for a way to start a fight for quite a while now." He said with a spirit of a broken man. "They will attack at unexpected moments, so I'll have to get my men ready for it."

I nodded slightly.
"If you need me, just ask alright?" I said.

He got up, petted me on my shoulder twice and then went out the door.

You could feel the tenstion of everything in the air. I knew I wouldn't sleep well tonight,but I decided to go to my room anyway, to try and sleep or just think about the entire situation if I couldn't.

----- The next morning -----

I didn't really want Luna to know anything about what was going on and scare her or get her worried, so I didn't talk about it, but she and everyone else who entered the house, could tell something was up. Either through the fact that everyone had their guard up or by how Fabio pretty much got pissed off at everything that happened around him.
Everyone was tens and jumpy and I could tell it was effecting Luna, because she kept asking about it and she wasn't as energetic as normal. She was hanging around me the whole time. She would climb up on my lap or just ask my attention and it would get verry annoying sometimes. If I tried to have a serious conversation with someone and she would all of a sudden start hanging onto me, that would get really in the way.

Nino was still upstairs. Probably because Fabio was still pissed at him, and espescially now, if you got to close to Fabio, he could probably kill you. He was going in and out the whole time, running from here to there trying to get things done. I wanted to help him, but he kept refusing it.

The day seemed to move slow.
Somewhere at the end of the morning, someone rang the bell, and when aunt Rosalina went to open it, I heard her gasp loudly in a sort of shock and then calling out for her husband, who was conveniently home at that point.

Me and Fabio ran to the door to see a man with a gun pointed at my aunt.

Fabio instantly pulled a gun from out the drawer next to the door aswell and wuickly pointed it at the man.

It was a tall man, he had a calm look on.his face. He had a toothpick hanging out of his mouth and a fedora on his head. His eyelids hang low, like he was tired. The hand in which he didn't hold his gun, rested in the pocket of his trousers and his posture was leaning back a bit, supported by his left leg.

"Put away the gun," the man began calmly. "I'm not here to hurt anyone,I just have this for protection. I am here to deliver a message from Antonio Martelli, but I will shoot this if I have to, so I'll repeat myself, put down the gun!"

Fabio twisted the gun in his hand, so that he could show that it wasn't pointed at the man anymore and he wanted a sort of peace.
The man in return also put his gun in the inside of his jacket.

He scraped his throat and then started his message.
"Mister Martelli said that you  killed one of his man, and that, to him was a straight attack to his family. No matter your reason for this, he will not let this slide. So he wants to arrange a meeting with Mister D'Andre. He can take 2 of his man as protection or to help him in the conversation, but if he takes any more, that will be seen as a thread and it's over. If he does not show up, Mister Martelli WILL attack in return.
If you decide to come, this is the adress." He handed over a piece of paper to Fabio, who snatched it out of the man's hand.

"Both me and Mister Martelli sincerely hope you will be there, since neither of us want this to break out into a war."
The man turned around and just walked off again.

Fabio closed the door, walked over to the nearest wall and hit it with great force, putting a hole in it.
"GOD FUCKING DAMNIT." He shouted in frustation. Which startled Rosalina, who quickly walked back to the living room.

"What is it? This is a good thing right?" I asked.

"No, if I go there, it won't be to just talk. Martelli is a man of violence, if you hurt one of his, he'll bring hell down upon you. This is not as it sounds. He is either going to kill me there, or keep me occupied so he can kill someone I care about."

------------
Thanks for reading this part. I hope you enjoyed it, I know I enjoyed writing it. Please leave a comment of what you thought and of what you think is gonna happen next. I've been writing a lot on this book lately and if I keep goingike this, I might actually create an uploading pattern! Also I really appriciate it if  you'd vote on this part. Thanks a lot.