part 10

Atleast now we knew what was going to happen. Not that it helped much but now Fabio could work on a plan.
He decided that he would go to the meeting. He only let the people of which he was 100% certain that there was no way they could be working for Martelli stay to protect his family and me and Nino would come with him to the meeting.

We sat in the car and drove for a while towards the destination which was named on the paper that was handed to Fabio. After about 15 minutes of driving, Fabio's phone started ringing. He told me to pick it up, because he was driving and I was the closest to the phone.

When I picked up the phone, I heard heavy breathing from the other side.

"Hello, this is Dominic D'André. Who is this?"

"Tell Mister D'André that the plans have changed! Martelli found out that he knew about the plan and he changed it." The voice was the same as the Fabio's inside guy with the moustache the other day, just this time he sounded stressed and nervous. His voice was trembling and full of anxiety.

"What... what are you talking about? What is he going to do then?" I asked. I felt myself panicking. Knowing that my little sister was at home with minimum protection and that they could attack the house any moment scared me out of my mind.

"He is going to.. BANG!" A loud gunshot sound interrupted his sentence. Followed by a thud of something heavy falling on the floor.
It was quiet for a little while before the call got ended and all I heard was the beeping noise of the phone getting hung up.

"Shit! We need to turn around right now!" I shouted out.

"What happened? Who was that?" Nino asked while Fabio quickly pulled the car around.

"Martelli changed his plans!"

"What is he going to do?" Fabio asked. I heard his spirit breaking in his voice again.

"I don't know. I think they shot your inside." I answered him with the same broken spirit.

"Crap.. Nino, can you call Lorenzo and tell him to get everyone out of the house and into some place better secured? It doesn't matter where just some place safe. Shit!" Fabio shouted out in panic.

I gave the phone to Nino and he started dialing. I could hear the device go over a few times and then it went to voicemail.
He tried a few more times but he kept going to voicemail.

"He's not picking up!" Nino sounded so frustrated. I never heard him like this before.

"Just keep trying to call." Fabio cried out.

We drove way past the speed limit to get home. Once we got there, we all rushed inside just to find that there was no-one in the house.

We looked everywhere but everyone was gone.

"FUCK!" I heard Nino shout out while kicking against a wall.

Meanwhile on the other side I saw Fabio breaking down. He had to grab onto something because otherwise he would fall over. I could hear him hyperventilating.

I punched the table with all the energy I had and then layed head down on the table.

"So what do we do now?" I heard Nino ask.
He got answered by the killing silence of no one who had the answer.

I heard Fabio start to breath calmer again and then pick himself up again until he stood straight.
I heard him walk a little and then pick up something which he then smashed on the ground. Shatters of the object flew everywhere.
I could almost feel his anger. He went around shouting at the nothing and just breaking stuff . He was raging. I heard him hit a hole in a wall. He kept on going for that for a while until he calmed down a little.
I got up and leaned against the table. There layed pieces of shattered vases and glass all over the floor.