Chapter Six: Untitled

Notes: Apologies for the long wait! I've been attempting to get a completely separate book published, and its eaten up most of my free time, so I've left Wattpad on the backburner. I've got a lot of stories to catch up on here, as well as posting updates, and I've several new stories that I'm writing that I'm going to be posting on here as well. 

I really want to thank everyone whose commented, and kept up with the story. I really appreciate all your in-depth questions, and concerns in regards to each chapter. Feel free to keep on asking. 

-

I woke the next morning, feeling strange and confused as to where I was. Sitting up, I saw that I was in my bedroom. The hurricane had long since passed, and bright sunshine was filtering through beautifully. Someone had fixed the window so that the boards were no longer attached to the wall, protecting those inside from flying glass. I took a deep breathe, and went straight to the bathroom to prepare for the rest of the day. I had the feeling that today was going to be a really confusing, really annoying sort of day and was not looking forward to it. 

When I finally came out of my room and into the kitchens, my grandparents were nowhere to be found, but the butler was fixing breakfast, and humming an unfamiliar tune under his breathe while he worked. I stared at him for a bit, before he spoke. 

"Please, sit. Breakfast will be ready shortly. Your grandparents had to take an unexpected trip ." He sounded exasperated, and I wasn't sure if it was aimed at me or my grandparents. I tentatively sat at the counter, and he gestured towards the fridge. 

"Something to drink? Coffee? Tea?" 

"Tea sounds good," I said nonchalantly, and he poured me a small teacup full of tea. I sipped it and it tasted like chamomile. Delicious. I sipped again, and asked, 

"When will my grandparents be back? I wish to ask her some...personal questions." 

"She's flown off to Spain for a weekend. She wishes to let you know that you may do whatever you wish. There are six hundred dollars in your room on top of your desk, sitting underneath your typewriter-are you alright?" He asked, handing me a napkin. Where he pulled it from, I had no idea.

"I've never had that much money in my life! What am I to use it for?" I asked, and he blinked, looking surprised. 

"Perhaps you could go to the mall? I hear it's a thing that teenagers do," He said, rather dryly, and I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Yeah, the mall is a good idea. Or maybe the library..." I said thoughtfully,  and he just shrugged. 

"Your grandmother wishes you to be in the house by ten thirty, eleven at the latest. If you have problems getting home by that time, you are to call me immediately." He insisted. 

"Do I have your phone number?" I asked, pulling out my new cell phone. I frowned as I tried to work it, and he helped me learn the new device for the next half hour after serving me some scrambled eggs and bacon. I ate while he explained the new electronic device and how to make quick dials, and where to find the emergency contacts. Surprisingly, 911 was NOT at the top of the list, but rather Gran was. 

With the cell phone fixed, I finished breakfast and thanked him for all the help. I then went to my room, grabbed my purse and the cash, checked my outfit one last time as well as my hair, and then headed out. 

I was going shopping.

--

Author's Notes: Short, I know. But more updates will start arriving!