Epilogue

Sam was released of the dark bindings from Mordrian, and taken back to her grandparents home. They had fought their own battles against the Dark Shifters, and had also rescued Jason, saved their home from burning, and pretty much killed off most of the Dark Shifter clan. They looked surprised and relieved to see her safe and well, though were understandably upset that she had promised to marry a man of an enemy clan. They were so upset, that they nearly had another war in the front yard when they first saw them and only Sam was able to talk them down.

"So your going to Africa," Her grandmother heaved a sigh. "I do wish that I could have had more time with you, and trained you further in your gifts. But I suppose you will find your own kinds of magic there. I'm just glad your safe dear."

"And I'm glad that I don't have to go back and murder Mordrian. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to rescue you better, Samantha." Jason said, coming into the room. "That Warlord guy says he wants Sam, and she's spent enough time here making sure people are aware she's safe. He's awfully pushy," Jason said wryly.

Sam shook her head.

"I'm going to miss it here," She said, glancing around the library with a wistfulness that surprised her. While she didn't spend that much time here, less than a year, it had really come to feel like home.

And now it was over.

She hugged her grandparents, as well as Jason, emailed her friends from school that she would be gone for a while, and packed her things. She left her typewriter, but took her laptop, hoping to come back someday and continue where she left off. She never thought that at the age of eighteen she would become married to what was essentially a king of shapeshifters.

Samantha Rose left Louisiana, changed, powerful...and free.

While she had come here unhappy, she left feeling happy and safe.

She was going to Africa.

And she knew that she was going to have the time of her life.

With her husband at her side.

Though as she left, her grandmother knew she would come back.

After all, there was still the prophecy of the jaguar to fulfill.