"Demure Ingenu"

I am really in trouble. Kidnapped, tied up, and handed over to a tall vampire.

I would just fall to floor in hysteria, but there is more.

My dearest friend, Eurain (the heir to the duchy) stands off to the side. Herself, a vampire now.

Oh, how I misunderstood. She recently asked me if I would live with her forever. I said yes. I meant together in the eternal reward of heaven.

Her body is so thin. Thinner than her bones would permit. Her 'too white' skin hugs tautly. Her body is bowed serpentine at the back. Her hands hang down with nails out stretched like the tines of a fork. Her forearms and hands have a color of dripping blood.

The red glow to her eyes vanishes and her regular eyes appear. She walks over and becomes the image of herself.

But then, she tilts my head over with inhuman strength, exposing my neck.

Needle sharp fangs sink in. I would tremble and shudder, but the tall vampire has me frozen somehow. Eurain holds me like iron bars.

Her cool bluish lips find my neck and hold there. She rocks back her head to pull out her fangs.

My blood gushes into her, slaking her preternatural hunger.

That is when the magic starts.

The warm blood in me dissolves into white effervesce vapor. My bones ache with fire. My head swims with a heat like strong alcohol on a wound.

Eurain has stepped back. Her eyes closed (showing only a slight glowing tear at each side). She struggles to hold her lips tight and swallows.

Somehow, I know that was a turning point. She could have breathed my life back to me. That would have made turning this around easier.

But she swallowed. Her head jerks back and her arms flail outwards.

The large vampire picks me up by my dress and throws me into a royal looking coffin. Metal (gold?) seamless with silk fabric and pillows. I am irrevocably shut inside with outside latches I will never reach.

I settle in and cross my arms. Starting my long devotion to suppressing the new hunger and new senses.

I had a long time to consider the expression of the tall vampire. Moments before the lid slammed shut. An evil delight became a worried and troubled look.

The coffin was chained and locked. Magic spells of sealing and binding, then magic spells of hiding and obscuring.

For a few decades, I sometimes would hear Eurain talking to me. She was almost free of her debt. She would then open the coffin and we could live together forever.

That stopped maybe 180 or 150 years ago.

I have mastered all my new desires. Just like I adapted to the rules of the castle when I came to stay with Eurain.

When I get out I have one goal. Walk with Eurain through the pearly gates to live for all eternity.

God willing, I will save Eurain.

I will save her soul.