"A Goddesses' Hand (Part 4)"

She knows this nervous sensation. She knows it from doing things only athletes tend to do. Doing them in secret and coming away with a thrill of accomplishment.

There are four men on foot and one on that strange animal.

Two have bows. One has a long spear. One has a curved sword. The camel has many weapon stored at hand.

She hates these men with an unknown passion. Vile attackers had killed her father. Not affording him the dignity that city state warriors have in being wounded in battle. A vile group killed him, because he was good at fighting.

She lunges towards the bowmen.

Counting herself lucky to defect one and slicing the other arrow that flies her way.

She hit the first bowman in his chest with her feet. The slicing the bow string and stomping his throat.

She finds the second bowman fixing another arrow, so she grabs the bow and twists herself under to stab him in the thigh.

She stands to see the spearman rushing her. She slams the hilt of the sword on the spear shaft and has the chance to pull it out of his hands (she saw that in warrior training when she was small).

She drops the sword and decides she must not delay. She swings the back end to the spear to strike the spearman in the hip with a straight pole blow (which puts him down on the ground).

Then she uses the long spear to vault over a bit behind the strange animal.

She wanted that distance, but does not like this situation. In fights with boys, they run away.

She has been lucky. Her arm strength is fading.

She considers just one desperate move.

The man on the camel is a bit amused at how much trouble his armed servants are having with a woman.

One of his men shouts a warning.

The spear tip now protrudes out the front of his chest.

He never expected a woman would have that kind of strength (to throw a spear meant to be held firmly in two hands).

For her, the spear was like a javelin. She had practiced throwing javelins when she could.

Walking forward back to the kind man with the tent, the other men just stare.

They would all die for a lapse like this.

The woman puts the curved sword into the sand where it had been.

She lifts the kind man with the arrow in the shoulder and goes into the tent.

The four men decide to head straight back to report the death of their leader by a woman.

A woman unlike any other (maybe their families would not die for this dishonor).