"Unwelcome"

The bond servant hurries back down the path. He has slipped the heavy throwing knives under the back of his cloak.

His clothes had the pockets for it. He never used them for anything more than instructing youngsters.

When he was nearly back at the noble residence. Close enough that you could start to see the underside in the portico ceiling. The deity took over his body again.

His walking stopped, then resumed formal and stiff. Moving the case shoulder strap off and holding the case like a serving tray as he moved forward.

Lauren was happy to see the young man again, but became disturbed by the change in his demeanor.

She could see that both her husband and the other man had eyes that were glazed over.

Something opens the case while being held up and the silver-rimmed glass floats up like before.

This time forty thin filaments shoot out to land on her body with small sticky blob.

She is paralyzed. Different from before.

The deity had attracted the concern of his other counterparts. An investigation was needed. The other facets of the deity would see this being for themselves.

Before Lauren felt like a visitor had come into her bedroom and kindly considered her collections of books.

This time forty people rushed into the space forcing her against the wall. Making derogatory comments about her, her accomplishments, and her interests.

The deity voice that she recognized often said kind things in reply. Like they were standing in a room with ample space. Calm replies to help the others understand how wonderful she was.

The other deities felt no esteem for her. It was clearly accusatory. What trick had she used to so confuse the aspect of them on this plane of existence?

The bond servant watched as the filaments pressed in to the noble woman and then pulled back to strain visibly the spirit energy of her soul.

He watched it happening again and again. Like they were testing a child's well worn fabric toy with hooks. The woman's energies were fraying.

The bond servant acted in desperation. "You are killing her! You are killing her!"

He slams the case closed and falls to the ground. The filaments all were cut off and vanished away.

Lauren collapses to the ground lightly shivering and unconscious.

Her husband is stuck under obligation magic to not move. He counts seconds. Wondering for the second time in the same day "Will a deity wipe out everything visible in all directions? Because of an offence committed here?"

When the bond servant screams in loud agony and grabs his neck, the husband thinks it is a good sign.

The rebuke will probably be narrowly applied. It may only be the bond servant that will die.