"Refugee's Tale"

The Succubae Queen has had some happy days. The youngest succubae has recovered from the wound and taken quickly to her new caretaker. The caretaker had been under a penalty for misuse of magic. They both have become more energetic talkers, and the Queen is sure the caretaker is just the 'reformed' role model that the youngest one needs.

The Queen is contacted by the fox spirit from the plane of existence where the youngest succubae had gotten hurt.

Time to make good on the debt. Where the fox spirit lives, there is a mirror plane that exists in the village hot spring bath. That pool connects to a plane of existence with a time dilation.

A young male fox spirit emerged from the pool. That was quite pleasing since fox spirits had become rare. The fox spirit wants to keep and care for the male as a future mate. Give him five hundred to a thousand years of calm and steady life. He might be ready as a mate.

Shortly after he arrived, seven disembodied succubae souls arrived out of the pool. As a payment for the debt, she wants them gone. Young fox spirits are already playful pranksters.

Having succubae around was only going to make him more wild and childish.

The seven disembodied succubae arrived by a non-magical portal.

Many beings and creatures can become ascendant and leave their bodied behind. Succubae have a life dynamic that makes it terribly difficult to exist that way. They need the succubae body to regulate their internal spirit/soul energies.

The seven all look more human than succubae. The Queen runs a kind and gentle hand along their heads. It causes the horns, wings and tail of the disembodied form to appear. Except for the smallest one, which remained in a human shape.

Quickly the story is told. They were part of a large and happy Succubae enclave, but demons raided their home. Only a few lucky ones escaped and sought the furthest places to hide.

They arrived at great cost in a rare realm without their bodies. Made lives as humans by finding bodies that had suffered soul collapses. They were happy enough. It was a place defended by a powerful set of Gods. No demons would harass them.

Something happened recently. Souls from different planes were being thrown off some planes of existence.

It is rare to find a succubae actually sad. These seven were sad. They had a story to tell.

Someone they wanted to help, but failed. It involves the soul of a woman cast from away from her home, and a place where Gods are greedy.