"Ironic Trend"

I had two hundred years to consider my life. Years with access to vampire senses of future and past. I had two hundred years to think about what I would say to Eurain on the day she opened the coffin.

I was going to say:

"Through it all, I never saw; you as the author of my calamity.

I now know that on the night my parents die, it was you that shed tears for them.

I was not shown their dead bodies until the morning.

I was left hollow and numb and speechless.

I was taken to your castle, stripped bare and washed with brushes in wash barrel, given servant clothes that fit my seven-year-old body, and threatened and admonished on conduct with you.

When I was pushed into your room, I found you sleepless and distraught. It broke my numbness. My tears flowing because of tearful seeds planted on your face.

My vampire sense told me the whole story. The twisted noble line, with a vampire in legacy entwined. The handlers had selected several potential servant girls, so one would be at hand based on your preference.

You wanted just one thing 'a girl that would not pity me for being an orphan'. They locked you in your room immediately after that answer. You grasped the total horror. How easy it would be to secure a girl like that. Just kill the parents. You understood and wailed before and long after my parents died.

You could have told. You should have told me.

That secret led down this ill chosen path. We both now are vampires.

You did it because you saw a life course you could not stand. The red strings in our lives pulled in different directions. Set to pull us to men and families. We could have held strong together. Let those red strings pull the men to us. Linked hand in hand we would have been able to whisper to each other of feel of the red strings tugs.

As vampires our red strings were burned away. Replaced by a silver wire, immortality.

I tell you it is a noxious vine that silver wire. Rending threw to create strength, magic and longevity.

The silver wire is like the root of a damned flower. It feeds of us and supplies delight of a blossom to hell's masters.

Eurain come and confess the sins. Let me cut the silver wire out of you with a sharp ash stake.

We will only really be happy in the eternal abode of heaven."

That is what I had planned to say to Eurain.

When the spells and chains of my coffin were undone. The truth poured in. My vampiric senses told me all.

Eurain and her sire were dispelled nearly 170 years ago.

Vampire hunters stand at my open coffin. An ash branch sharpened, a mallet held high, a man of skill and not subject to distraction.

He placed the stake with skill to a place where ribs have a gap. It rests lightly for the moment to the under part of my breast.

The man pauses at the involuntary faint breaths I have because Eurain is gone.

I whisper "Please. Please do it!"

Quickly the man is shoved aside by an older one.

Two vials of bright shining are slipped into the fabric of the coffin lid and I am locked again inside.

My home of two hundred years. I am locked in again. Only now a weight like a stone slab holds me down.

The words of the men, at least I can hear those.

"Did you not notice the eyes? Not red, but white."

"The vampires locked her away for a reason."

"Listen! The holy water disperses most vampires in their coffins. I do not hear any wailing, moaning, or begging."

"This one is like the creator of our order."

"Maybe for the second time in earth's history, a child vampiric has lived sinless."

"An 'Avenging Angel' exists on the earth. "

I am being taken somewhere in my coffin. Again chains and locks were added.

I always stood at the back of the room when Eurain received instruction of tutors. I am sure my existence would qualify as a thing the tutors said only existed in stories; 'ironical'.